Judgment 😔

Lola POV

I sat across from my family's dinner table silently because I'm not even in the mood for the judgment right now. "Lola?" "Yes ma'am?" I said as my mother called my name. "Who's baby is that?" She said as she looked curious. "Mine. She's my daughter. Her name is Harley." I said as I wiped her face of the baby applesauce I fed to her. "Really? By whom?" My father said as I looked next to me as X grabbed Harley from me. "By a rapper? Seriously Lola? We didn't raise you like this." He said as Marlo coughed hard. "Anything you need to add Marlo?" My father said as I looked at him. "Yes dad. Lola actually has a career and is making a lot of money so why are you and mom judging her?" "We are not judging her. We just simply think its stupid that she had a baby with a "rapper"." My father said as I looked down feeling like a disappointment. "Lola, don't worry bout mom and dad. I'm proud of you because you are living your dream. And Harley looks just like you too." My sister Rubi said to me. I smiled as she smiled back at me. "Lola, what is your job?" "I'm a singer, I have my own clothing line and I might open another store too." I said as my mother looked at me with surprise. "I'm shocked." She said as I looked away with aggravation. "Mom, really?" Rosa said as she looked confused. "What did I say wrong?" She said as she raised her voice a little. "A lot. You said a lot. Come on X, I don't know why I sat down with people who never even cared about my dreams or feelings anyways. And it was stupid of me to even try to bring our child to meet their selfish ass grandparents." I said as the tears flowed down my face. "Lola Rose! You will not disrespect us!" My father said as he raised his voice. "I don't even care anymore! You and mom have judged every single thing I've done ever since I was born! And I see it'll never change. I guess I wasn't great enough like Rose, Marlo, Derrick and Rubi huh?" I said as the tears came harder. "You come back to this table right now!" "Fuck you both." I said as I grabbed Harley and walked out the front door without looking back.