Ms. Independent 👑

Lola POV

I was at my very own Lola Rose Inc. store setting up so my customers can feel more at home and would shop peacefully without thinking it's a hot mess and not organized. I heard my door open and seen it was my evil parents from hell staring at me. "Hi, can I help you?" I said as I was still upset with them from yesterday. "Lola, don't be like that." My mother said as my father agreed with her. "Don't be like what? Upset? I deserve to be upset especially after what you said yesterday." I said as my father sighed. "We didn't mean to be like that." He said as I laughed at that lame ass excuse. "Maria, can you give me a minute. I'll set the rest of the store up." I said as she nodded and told the others the same thing. I waited until the front door shut and continued to work as they kept trying to talk to me. "What do you guys want?" I said as my mother looked sad. "We want to talk to you Lola. We're very sorry for acting like that and we didn't mean to say those things." She said as she grabbed my hand. "Well you did and that sorry doesn't help it." I said as she looked away. "Little Lotus, we are sorry. We just want the best for you and we pushed you too hard not knowing you felt this way." My father said as he looked at me. "Papa, all I wanted as a child was to make you proud and it was like I wasn't even that great." I said as he grabbed my face. "Little Lotus, you were always great to us. We didn't mean to make you feel like you weren't. We wanted you to be like Rosa and your other siblings but you were always different and wanted to do something different than the others. You were the special one and I pushed you to show that but I guess I did it the wrong way. I'm sorry Lola." My dad said as a tear slipped. I wiped his face as my mother put her hand on my shoulder. "I forgive you Papa." I said as I smiled and wiped his face again. "So, when can I meet my granddaughter?" He said as I could hear the excitement in his voice. "She's in the back with Jahseh." I said as he was surprised with his name. "Ah, that's a very unique name." My dad said as I laughed. "Jahseh, they want to meet Harley." I said as Harley wobbled over to my dad. "She has your dimples that you got from me. And your mother's eyes too." He said as Harley giggled and pulled at his beard. "I think she likes you Papa." I said as X kissed my cheek. I left my parents in the back with Harley as I opened the store so I could get my money and make my customers happy.