Carnival 🌌

Rubi POV

I walked down the street of Carnival with Rosa as she sipped on her drink and got on her phone. "Man, its so many people out here." "It is. But come on, let's go sit down." She said as we saw a nearby table that we could sit at for a little bit. "So, what's going on with you Rubi?" "What do you mean?" "I've noticed that you and Chris aren't vibing like usually. Talk to me, what's going on?" "Its like he doesn't even love me no more and I'm not gonna sit here and keep chasing a nigga that doesn't even want to make an effort to keep me." I said as she nodded. "When's the last time y'all talked?" "Two weeks ago." "Bitch, where he at?" "I don't know. He walked out saying he was going to a friend's house." "That's some slick shit right there. Call him right now." She said as I dialed his number. "Hello?" "Hey, where are you?" "A friend's house. What you want?" "To talk to my boyfriend." "About that, we can't date no more. I'm sorry but lose my number. Thanks." He said as he hung up on me. I deleted his number and ever piece of memory that ever existed of us and I instantly felt better. "Did he just? Girl, you lucky I have a child cause I would've went ham on him but you okay?" "I feel better. Now I'm single." I said as I smiled. I noticed a familiar face across the street staring at me and noticed he went to school with me. "Rubi?" He said as he walked over to me. "Vier? Holy shit. You've grown up love." I said as I hugged him and smelled his bomb ass cologne. "How you been?" "Been good. You?" "I'm straight. How's Chris?" "We broke up like five minutes ago." I said as I laughed lightly. "Damn, you okay?" "I'm fine. I don't cry over no nigga." I said as he smiled and laughed. "You better not cause you too beautiful to be doing all that." He said as I blushed. "I'll catch you later okay?" "Wait, lemme get your number before you disappear." "Here. Now, I'll see you later." I said as I smiled at him and walked off. I heard my phone ding and seen him text me. I'm glad I got your attention now. I looked back and seen him smile at me as I turned back around.