Johnny Cade Imagine

"Please, don't leave." Johnny tossed right.

"Y/N, please stay. Please." Johnny tossed left.

Johnny and I walked to the lot. His parents were giving him a rough night and he needed comfort. He fell asleep with his head in my lap.

"Johnnycake." I shook him. He was still begging me not to leave. "Johnny!"

His eyes finally opened. "Y/N?"

I pet his hair. (A/N: Same tbh)

"Hey, its okay. I'm right here."

"Oh, Y/N, I had a nightmare. You were leaving me because I was such a baby-"

"Stop right there. I'd never leave you, you're the tuffest guy I know."

"I was so scared." I stopped petting his hair and let him sit up straight.

He grabbed me in a bear hug. "I-I love you so much, Y/N."

He jerked back to see my facial expression.

"I love you more, Johnnycake. More than Two-Bit loves Mickey, more than Ponyboy loves reading, and more than Steve loves Chocolate cake."

I grabbed him in a hug this time.

"We're gonna run away from here one day, Y/N. I'm gonna give you a good life, we're gonna be happy together."

"I'd run away with you any day, Johnny."

We lied down together, his arm wrapped around me, flames from the fire causing an orange glow to flicker across our faces.

"Any day."

There weren't many stars out, but the sky shone bright.

"Hey, Y/N. I wanna give ya something." Johnny moved his arm off of me and we both sat up.

Johnny removed his jacket and handed it to me.

I gasped. "Honey, no. You'll- you'll freeze!"

"I can handle the cold, Y/N. I want you to have my jacket. Just in case one day I get beat a little too hard and I couldn't tell you goodbye."

My eyes started watering. "Don't talk like that, Johnny. Please don't talk like that."

He thrust his jacket at me again. "If ya don't take this, I'm gonna be real upset."

I took his jacket reluctantly and put it on. I smiled. "Smells just like you."

I wiped my eyes.

"You're the only thing keeping me alive, Y/N."

"You're the only thing keeping me warm, Johnny."

Johnny pulled me in close. His jacket was a bit big on me.

"I would've killed myself if you never walked in to my life, Y/N."

"More like if I never ran in to your back."

Johnny laughed. "I shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, it wadn't your fault."

"I shouldn't have tried to chase a pigeon!" I laughed too.

Johnny's laugh died down. "I'm glad you did, though."

"Me too."

We were quiet for a minute.

"When we run away, let's get married. And we can have kids."

"Sounds amazing." I smiled. "But for now, we're only 16."

"You're a few weeks younger than me, but sometimes I feel like you're older."

"Why's that?"

"You're so mature, and I'm so-"

"Strong. And smart. Don't you dare start putting yourself down."

Johnny shook his head. "I love you, Y/N."

"Not as much as I love you, honey."

Johnny and I fell asleep an hour later, holding each other like we were the last people on Earth.