Darry Curtis Imagine

Tears streamed down my hero's face, a salty waterfall.

"Kids are-are so c-cruel!" He sobbed quietly.

I rubbed circles on his back. His youngest brother, Ponyboy, came home crying from school. Kids were making fun of him, calling him names like 'Grease' and 'Hood'.

When Darry found out, I can tell his heart plummeted.

"Pony's a good kid, he ain't done nothin' to no one, Y/N" He cried.

We were sitting on the couch, while Ponyboy and Sodapop slept in the other room.

"Ponyboy is a gentleman, he doesn't deserve to be bullied."

Darry and I sat there for hours. I knew just what to do.

*****
"THAT'S THE DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!" I screamed, slamming my fists on Principal Leonard's desk.

When Darry went to work and Pony went to school, I thought about how those kids were treating Pony. So I went to school too.

"Miss Y/L/N, kids are cruel. But kids are kids. Hopefully Ponyboy can learn from this, he can become stronger."

Lord, I don't know what stopped me from slamming his head with his stapler.

"SO I GUESS WHEN KIDS COMMIT SUICIDE FROM OTHER KIDS BEING 'JUST KIDS' THEN IT'LL MAKE THEIR FAMILY STRONGER, HUH?" I yelled again.

Just then, before Principal Slimeball could reply, the door opened.

"Ponyboy forgot his-" Darry stopped in the doorway, looking at the sight before him, holding a brown paper bag. "Lunch."

Darry set the bag on the desk and looked at me, questions dancing in his eyes.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I-I can't stand the fact a sweetie like Ponyboy is getting bullied."

"Are you Ponyboy's..." Principal Leonard stood up from his desk, and looked between me and Darry.

"I'm his brother, and this is my girlfriend."

"Hm. I see. Well, I'll have to ask you both to leave, and I'll deliver Ponyboys lunch to him."

"This is ridiculous!" I fumed. Darry dragged me out of the office, nodding to Leonard.

****
"I can't believe you did that." Darry said in the car on the way home.

He said he came home early because another man had started the job and they were letting him take the reigns. Darry noticed that Ponyboy left his lunch in the refrigerator and went to give it to him and found me screaming at the principal.

"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you." I put my head against the windows glass, watching the trees zoom by.

"Are you kidding? That was amazing!" Darry said. "Pony's really gonna appreciate it."

"But it didn't help anything. I wasn't in there long enough to do anything."

"I mean the gesture, Y/N." Darry turned right. "Nobody's stood up for him since Sodapop dropped out."

I looked over at Darry. "I'd do anything for the kid."

Darry nodded. "I know. You love my brothers almost as much as I do. And that's why I like having you around."

When we finally pulled in to the driveway and got out of the car, Darry wrapped me up in a bear hug.

"Thank you for defending Pony." He said.

"Any time."

Darry leaned down and kissed me.

"The boys shouldn't be home for a couple hours. How about we go inside and I show you how much I appreciate you?" Darry winked.

I laughed. "Sounds like a plan."

Indeed, I love my boy.