Steve Randle Imagine

"And so X+Y-Z would equal 7, because the X is 5 and Y would be..." Steve went on, dragging his fingers on the book page. He was helping me with my homework and I was focused for awhile, until I realized how gorgeous he was.

His greased hair, his green eyes, his eyebrows and how they furrowed when he focused. I rested my head on my hand, my eyes following his finger, my other hand tapping a pencil against my sheet of paper.

I sighed and Steve looked over. "You okay, Doll?" I moved my head off of it's resting place and looked at my greaser again. Steve was doing a great job at helping me, and I was grateful, but I felt dumb.

"Yeah." I lied. I didn't want Steve to poke fun of me. "No you ain't." Steve disagreed, closing the textbook. "What's up?"

"I just feel dumb, ya know? This stuff is so easy and I can't even-" I dropped my pencil and put my head in my hands. "I can't even do it."

Steve got up out of his hair and kneeled next to me. "Oh, you're not dumb just 'cause ya don't understand somethin'." I moved my head and looked at him. At his reassuring eyes, and how I knew he meant what he said.

"I don't know..." I began, which earned a stern look from Steve. "I do. Now, I'm helping you because I know with some motivation you'll realize how smart ya are."

I smiled and wrapped Steve in a hug, falling off of the chair and on to him in the process. We both laughed before staring at each other. Then our lips embraced, and then... Well, the homework got finished a little late.