Johnny Cade Imagine

Nintelda02 requested this one :)

I combed my bangs over my right eye, hiding the small but mighty beast that defaced me.

I walked out the front door, my parents already asleep. I was going to the lot, where my best friend (and crush) Johnny Cade was. My parents knew I went to the lot, but they requested I carry mace and a switchblade just in case.

Just in case the Socs attack again.

*flashback*

"What's a pretty little thing like you doin' out here at night?" A soc with shoulder length hair asked, trailing a strand of my hair.

I slapped his hand away. "Get on, somewhere." I said, shoving past two others. One of them grabbed me and pinned me against the wall.

The long haired soc walked over to me. He pulled out a blade. I was fearing for his intentions. "C-come on, man. It wasn't that serious!" I said. The soc laughed dryly.

"I'll let you go." He got closer than I was comfortable with. "After I get what I want." He slammed his lips against mine, knocking my inner lips in to my teeth.

"Asshole!" I cried, before I could help it. The soc looked shocked. He turned to his two buddies. "We got a feisty one!" The two socs howled. "I-i'm sorry." I said. The long haired man nodded.

"I'm sure it was an accident. We can forgive and forget, right boys?" The other two agreed.

"But, uh, before I go" he put the blade up to right below my right eye. "You got a little something right there. Let me get it for you."

He cut a little line below my eye. I yelped as he let me hit the ground. "STAY OUTTA HERE, YA GREASER!" He called, and the three socs left, leaving me there bleeding and scared.

*flashback over*

I started walking down the street, one hand in my pocket holding on to the mace. I took one more turn before making it to the lot.

Johnny was sitting in front of a fire. He jumped when he heard my footsteps, but relaxed when he saw it was just me. "Hey, Y/N." He greeted, turning his attention back to the fire.

"Hi, Johnnycake." I said opposite of him. "How are you feeling tonight?"

Johnny shrugged. "Same old, same old. My folks went nuts again." He shook his head, and I did the same.

"Shame." Was all I said. We stared at the crackling fire for a few moments in silence.

"Did you do anything today?" Johnny asked, turning his attention to me. A slight breeze came by. "Nah, not really. It was just school, but now its the weekend."

Johnny nodded. "I should've stayed in school."

"You're not missing much." I reassured him. "Just lots of homework and gossip."

"There ain't been no rumors about you, have there?"

I shook my head. "I stay quiet so I'm not really on anyone's mind."

"You're on mine all day." Johnny smiled and looked away. I grinned. "I miss you too, Johnny."

Another breeze came. "Hey Y/N? Why have you been hidin' your eye all'fa sudden?" Johnny glanced up, just as the breeze blew my bangs off my eye, exposing the scar.

"Y/N" Johnny jumped up, and I tried to cover it back up. "Its fine!" I reassured him.

He scrambled over to me and yanked me up. "Y/N..." He whispered. He moved my hair and looked at the scar. "Who did this?"

I hesitated before answering. "Socs. They jumped me a few days ago." Johnny shook his head and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back.

When he finally pulled away, he looked me right in the eye. "Y/N, if you would let me be your guy, I'd make sure nobody ever hurt you again."

My stomach did flips. "R-really?" Johnny nodded. I hugged him again. "Yes, Johnny! Of course!"

And after that, me and him were inseparable. We did everything together, and he even got enrolled back in school. My parents knew about us and Johnny's home life, so they took him in. He just had to sleep in the guest bedroom.

I don't cover my scar up anymore. Johnny said he thought it looked tuff, so you know what?

I do too.