Darry Curtis Imagine

Hope y'all ain't homophobic....

"Darrell Shaynne Curtis Jr.! If you say something that NASTY again", I spit out flames in this sentence. "I will beat the tar out of you and leave you!" Darry stared at me wide-eyed, which I mimicked mockingly. On TV, the news was reporting that homosexuals were standing up for their rights. I was smiling, until Darry went on about how "Those disgusting faggots are all gonna burn in hell! All of 'em!"

It took everything it had in me not to beat him. Sodapop and Ponyboy had been sitting on the opposite couch. That was, until I jumped up after Darry's homophobic mini tirade. They had scurried outside. dragging Two-Bit out with them. "But-" Darry began. "But nothing! Is that how you want to raise Pony and Soda?" I felt my throat begin to burn because I was yelling so loud. "To hate people just for loving each other?"

"The Bible says-" Darry began. "Oh! The BIBLE! A book about bad things written by a big scary man in the sky!" I interrupted in a high pitched whiny voice. (A/N: I'm Christian but like truuuu) Darry's face was RED. His mouth was gaping open and closed, like a fish. I, once again, mocked him. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know it meant so much to you." He had to have noticed the tears streaming down my face...

My brother had gotten beaten to death in front of me by our own father. Why? For loving someone of the same gender. My father had luckily been sent to jail and it was just me and my mother. I hated homophobia and I'll be damned if I sit around and listen to it. 

I began sobbing and fell on to the couch, my hands covering my eyes. I felt pressure on the cushion next to me and knew it was Darry. He pulled me closer to him. "I am so sorry, Doll." I moved my hands and sniffled. I wiped my tears and looked Darry dead in the eye. "You're forgiven this time. But if it happens again..." Darry nodded. "I know."

He stood up and opened the screen door, calling out to his brothers and friends. "It's clear!". Sodapop and Ponyboy hugged me when they came in and it was never brought up again.

That night, after Darry's 'apology present' (A/N: Get it bih yaaassss), we laid there together. Darry had fallen asleep holding me. I was looking in to the darkness, figuring out how I could change the world for the better. I kissed Darry's shoulder. I knew exactly where I was gonna start.