Sodapop Curtis Imagine

Mrs. Forrester stared at her little clipboard, squinting. Her eyebrows were furrowed, as if she couldn't figure out a difficult puzzle.

"This can't be right... Is there a mister" she hesitated, staring at the paper. "Sodapop Curtis?"

The whole class erupted in to laughter.

I looked over at Soda, who's face was red, as he slowly raised his hand. Everyone's attention was on him.

Mrs. Forrester even let out a little laugh. "What a... Unique name."

"I love it." I smiled. The class got quiet and looked at me.

"Why?" A voice called out from the front.

"I like the originality." I responded.

"He's named after a drink!" A boy named Ralph Jones exclaimed, causing the class to laugh again.

I couldn't believe the teacher wasn't stopping this.

"Ralph means vomit." I said, matter-of-factly. "I don't know about you, but I enjoy a soda pop more than I enjoy vomit."

The class got quiet and Soda looked over at me, his face going back to its normal color. His grin was bigger than his face.

Mrs. Forrester cleared her throat and turned to the board.

"Thank'ya, Y/N." He said. "I love you so much."

I smiled right back. "Any time for my Sodapop."

The day went by normal, and Soda walked me home.

But the next day wasn't so good. Not for us, but for Ralph Jones.

When he opened up his locker, warm clam chowder spilled out on to the floor. A note that said 'Barf boy' fell out alongside it.

Everyone in the hallway laughed, except Soda and I.

Soda looked sadly at me. "Gosh, I didn't know people would be this bad."

I looked over at the clam mess. "Me neither, Soda."

*****
At lunchtime, nobody sat by Ralph in the cafeteria. Soda and I decided to sit with him.

"Hey, buddy." Soda said. Ralph glanced at him and continued playing with the straw in his milk carton.

"I'm really sorry about this, Ralph. I didn't know-" I began. Ralph stood up with his tray.

"Don't bother." And he walked away.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. Soda rubber circles on my back.

"Hey, doll, don't worry. It ain't your fault. It's just karma."

I moved my hands and nodded. "I guess you're right. But if it gets too bad I'm jumping in."

Soda grinned. "You got a good heart, Y/N."

"Sometimes its not for the best, though."

Soda kissed my cheek. "I love it no matter what it's for."

Soda and I spent the rest of the day making sure things didn't get too bad with Ralph, and at the end of the day shared a chocolate milk at my house.

"I could never give you up, Y/N." Soda said, before he left for his house.

"I would never want you to. Tell Darry and Ponyboy hello."

As soon as he left and I shut the door, I watched him from the window. The sun was glowing on his greased hair.

He's never looked handsomer.

Oh how I love him.