Dallas Winston Imagine

(A/N: You're a soc. Have fun with that. Touch Two-Bit and we riot at dawn.)

"Hey, Greaser!" My friend, Keith yelled to a tall boy with brown hair and a leather jacket. My other friends, Jack and Kenny joined him in taunting the Greaser. (A/N: No offense to any Keith's out there, but Keith is like... A gross name for a boy. Sorry, Two-Bit.)

"Keith, leave him alone." I sighed.

"Oh, come on Y/N. We're just having fun." Keith grinned.

"Maybe we're just having too much fun (A/N: Maybe you can't handle yourself, staring at me with your lips and tongue) for Y/N." Jack sneered.

The greaser flipped us off, causing Jack, Keith, and Kenny to howl with laugher. I didn't even notice my hands were clenched until I felt the moisture (A/N: moister than an oyster).

I wiped my sweaty hand on my pink dress, causing a slightly darker shade to show. I sighed and watched the greaser walk away.

***
That night, I tossed and turned. I kept thinking about what happened earlier. And how I knew that greaser that the guys teased.

That was Dallas Winston.

Dallas is the tuffest and toughest guy around. I admired him. Ever since I met him when I was nine and visiting family in New York.

I've always wanted to be a greaser. The strong bonds they have, the carefree times... I hated having so much money and having to dress nice all the time. I wanted leather and denim and combat boots.

But here I am, with lace and pearls and satin.

I shoved the pillow over my face and screamed in to it. A good, loud scream.

***
Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhale

Boom, boom, boom.

How has my ribcage not broken?

I was in Greaser territory. A small, vulnerable Soc girl in strong, tough Greaser territory.

I had to find Dallas. I needed him to know I wasn't like my friends. I don't know what it is, but something's drawing me to him, like an invisible string was wrapping around us and drawing us together.

"What's a breeze like you doing over here, huh?" A voice called behind me.

(A/N: My mind would be like KIDS GRAB YOUR SHIT, WE'RE LEAVING)

I turned around slowly, too scared to go any faster.

A greaser with a Mickey Mouse tank, long sideburns and a smile as big as Texas greeted me three feet away.

"I- I'm looking for Dal- Dallas Winston. You know him?"

He started walking towards me. "I can't say I know a Dal- Dallas Winston. But I know a Dallas Winston." He snickered.

INHALE EXHALE INHALE EXHALE

"Where might I find him?" I asked.

"The Curtis house."

"Like, Ponyboy Curtis?" I asked. Mickey tank narrowed his eyes, but nodded.

"Is Dallas there now?" I asked him, taking a little step backward.

"Yep. But he could leave any minute. If you wanna talk to 'Im, I suggest moving now." Mickey tank walked forward. "I'm Two-Bit, by the way. You know where the Curtis's live?"

I ride Ponyboys bus and I see where the bus drops him off.

I nodded.

"Alright, Doll. Need me to walk you there?"

I shook my head.

"Okay, okay. Call me if ya ever need anything while you're over here."

"You got it." I smiled.

***
I finally reached Ponyboys house. I hope Dallas is still there.

I knocked on the door and waited. I stepped back.

I looked at my flats while I stood on the porch. Then I heard the screen door creak open.

Dallas had answered.

"Uh, yeah?" He looked me up and down. "You one of those, uh, sexy telegrams?"

I felt my face heat up. "Ah, no. I- I met you before a few years back. I was nine and I visited family in New York and you-"

"I stole a candy bar and gave it to you. You were the girl I had a crush on." Dallas smirked.

"You remember me?"

Dallas stepped on to the porch and closed the door behind him.

"I never forget the ones I like. What brings you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Dallas shrugged and shuffled his feet. "I moved."

"Oh. I just wanted to apologize for my friends behavior yesterday."

"Its okay, you get used to it."

"I'm nothing like them, though." I added in.

"I know you're not. I'm glad you're here, actually. I wanna ask you something I should've asked when I was ten."

Dallas looked me right in the eyes. "Wanna catch a movie tonight?"

BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM

"Like a date?" I asked, slightly smiling.

"Yeah, like that. I'll pick you up at seven. Don't worry, I'll find your place." Dallas opened the screen door and began walking back in to the house.

"But I didn't say yes!" I cried.

"Trust me, I know you were going to. He winked and went back inside.

Boy are my hands gonna be full with this one