Johnny Cade imagine

*I'm just gonna say it: SAD* *TRIGGER WARNING*

Y/N, I'm writing this from Dal's. I messed up and I gotta go away for a while. I'll be okay. I love you more than I can write, and I'll be back. Your honey, Johnny.

The paper was about to rip from being folded and unfolded again and again. Tear stains still covered the note.

Dallas had handed it to me the night Johnny disappeared. I knew he knew where he was and what he did, but he wouldn't tell.

Not that it mattered now.

I sat in the lot, alone with nothing but Johnny's jacket and a fire to keep me warm.

A fire, imagine that.

I glared at the flames. How they popped and glowed. I spit in the sticks keeping the monster alive.

The monster that took my honey.

If I could only punch it, if only I could tell it what it did to me. How it destroyed a boy with a heart as big as a Cadillac.

His funeral is tomorrow. Imagine that. Instead of crying because I'm marrying the love of my life, I'm crying because I'm burying him.

Dallas's funeral is the day after. He killed himself after Johnny died. Suicide. Suicide.

Suicide

I stared at the glowing death trap, and for a second Johnny's face appeared.

I smiled big at it. I zipped up Johnny's jacket.

"Hey, baby."

I stood and walked over to a dry patch of grass next to the fire. Dry sticks and twigs.

Those made the fire bigger.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around myself.

Johnny and I are gonna be together forever now. We're gonna go the same way.

As I fell in to the fire, I knew what it was like to be an ember. Everything sparkled and my body screamed.

But I didn't.

I let death embrace me. Until I finally saw dark hair and a warm smile.

I'm home