Dallas Winston Imagine

Reader is genderfluid :)

"I-I can't take this, Y/N!" Dallas yelled, slamming his hand against the wall. "I can't date you if you're a boy, man."

I sat on his bed, tears in my eyes. "That's who I am."

"You're not a who" Dallas said, barely above a whisper. "You're a what."

"I'm a girl too!" I said, standing up.

"Sometimes! You're a girl SOMETIMES!" Dallas yelled. I wiped the tear that was rolling down my face.

"If you can't accept me, I'll find someone who will." I said, leaving the room and slamming the door.

Goodbye, Dallas Winston.

***
I sat in the lot, twiddling grass and crying. I wasn't one specific gender, big deal. Why couldn't Dallas accept that?

I let out another sob. Some days I felt masculine, some days feminine. Sometimes like no gender at all. But i'm still the same. I'm me.

"Y/N?" I heard a voice with a thick New York accent. Dallas. I turned and peeked behind the tree. He was standing there, looking around. "I know you're here. Look, I just wanted to say I'm, uh... I regret saying all that back there."

I stood up and wiped the rest of my tears. I walked around the tree. "Hi." I sniffled. Dallas and I walked toward each other.

"I'm sorry for what I did" Dallas shuffled. "I made a big deal outta nothing."

I crossed my arms and sniffled again. I nodded. "Yeah, you did." Dallas sighed. "I was just... I had to, uh, process it."

I looked at him, at his face. "Dallas, if you really cared about me then you would accept me for who I am."

"I know. I know." Dallas looked around until his eyes settled back on me. "I can deal with havin' a... Boyfriend for a day."

I smiled. "Really?" Dallas chuckled. "Yeah. Wanna know why?"

I grabbed his hands. "Why?"

"Cause if you were a dude, I'd still date ya."

I laughed. "I love you, Dallas Tucker Winston."

"I care about you a lot, Y/N."

And we walked hand in hand back to Buck's. Except this time, I felt warm inside.

(A/N: I am so sorry if this is bad I wasn't really sure how it would be treated in the 60s. I'm sorry if this is bad fr)