Darry Curtis Imagine

The sound of nails being hammered in filled the house. It was a hot day in Oklahoma, and the roofers had been out there all afternoon.

I decided to be kind, and made five cups of sweet iced tea. I put the cups on a tray and carried it outside.

I about dropped the tray when I saw a familiar man on my roof.

Santa!

No, just kidding. But could you imagine?!

In reality, it was Darry Curtis. His strong arms were working good. Real good.

"Gentlemen, why don't y'all take a break? I made some tea!" I called. The men climbed off my roof and took a cup off of the tray.

Darry was the last one.

"Hey, Y/N." Darry smiled, sipping the tea gratefully.

"Hi, Darry. How are Ponyboy and Sodapop doin'?" I grinned. (A/N: Writing fanfiction means you have to deal with all the red lines that pop up when you write Ponyboy, Sodapop, Darry, and literally anything other than Steve, Johnny, or Dallas)

"They're doing fine, thank you for asking." His smile was as sweet as the tea he was sipping.

Okay, Y/N. Now or never. Be a woman.

"So, Darry. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to catch a movie this weekend...?"

Darry swirled the tea around a little. "Yeah, I'd like that. Pick you up at 7 o'clock on Friday?" He asked.

YESSGO Y/N!

"I'd like that very much." I said.

"BACK TO WORK!" A burly man called. The cups were returned to the tray with a few thanks.

I nodded at Darry. "I'll talk to you later."

Darry cheesed. "I'm looking forward to it."

***
"And that's how I met your big brother." I said, looking at Ponyboy.

"Wow, a girl and some sweet tea!" Ponyboy chuckled. I ruffled his hair.

"Go hang with Johnny for a while, its nice out. Maybe you'll find you a girl, too."

Ponyboy nodded and walked outside. I walked in the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Two big, strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey, beautiful." A sweet voice whispered in my ear. Suddenly, I was as warm as the weather.

I love you, Darrell Curtis