Sodapop Curtis Imagine

"That's a cloud. Nothin' else."

"Oh come on, Soda! You're telling me you don't see a bunny with a party hat?"

Sodapop and I were in the lot, laying down and cloud watching. It was a warm day and I wasn't gonna let Sodapop waste such a good say inside. The rest of the gang was gonna join us later to play football.

"Nope." Soda said, popping the P. I saw him look at me in my peripheral vision. He was grinning like always.

"Okay, look at that one." I pointed to a cloud shaped like a lamp.

"Y/N, I don't wanna look at no clouds." Sodapop said, still staring at me. I turned my head to look at him and put my hand down. Sodapop grabbed it.

"Why? They're beautiful!" I said.

"Cause. I got something else beautiful I wanna look at."

Sodapop and I sat up. I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Aw, you're so cute when you start blushin' like that." Sodapop smiled. My face got hotter.

"Stop that." I laughed. Sodapop stopped smiling and looked right in my eyes.

"Do you wanna get married one of these days?"

What

"What?" I asked, even though I heard the question.

"Do you wanna marry me one of these days? When we're older and finish school and have enough money?" Soda asked me this question with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Of course, Sodapop." I looked at him with a serious expression.

Sodapop and I sat in silence, hands clutched together as if they were gonna lose each other.

Sodapop was staring at the sky, while I stared at my feet stretched out in front of me.

"You know something, Y/N. Ever since you said you'd be my wife one day," Sodapop pointed to the sky. "I've been seein' bunnies with party hats in the sky."

Awww