Johnny Cade Interracial Imagine

"Hey, Johnnycake!" I called, waving to the tan, dark haired boy. Also known as the love of my life.

Johnny put out the cigarette that was in his hand and walked over to me. He hugged me. "Hey, doll."

"What have you been up to?" I asked as he put his arms around my shoulder and we began walking to the lot. "Ah, not much. Been hangin' around, waiting for you to get outta school."

"Well, I'm here now!" I said, leaning against Johnny. "Them Socs say anythin' else to ya? 'Cause you know what Dally said" Johnny looked at me in the eyes. "And I know when you're lyin'."

I sighed. "Well, yeah. They were throwing things at me and called me a... You know." I looked at my shoes on the ground.

Johnny steered us in the other direction. I looked behind us and back at Johnny. "Where are we-"

"Bucks." Was all he said. He kept his eyes ahead. "Dal's there. I'm tired of these damn Socs."

I didn't even try to stop him.

***
"Oh, did they now?" Dally narrowed his eyes at me. "Did you defend yourself?"

"Well, uh, I was too busy." I answered nervously. Johnny squeezed my hand.

"Doin' what?"

"Crying."

Dallas nodded and looked around at the world settling. The sky had turned a purple-pink color. "Ponyboy should be looking outside right now." I said.

"Dally, we gotta get them Socs. They- they can't keep treatin' Y/N this way!" Johnny began. "She ain't done nothing to none of 'em!"

"I know, kid. Say, uh, Y/N?" Dallas turned his attention to me. I nodded.

"What exactly are these kids names?"

"Well, there's Billy Rand, Marcus Wren, and Ralph Jennings."

Dallas nodded. "Johnny, why don't we drop Y/N off at home? We got some business to take care of."

***
Johnny, Dallas and I were walking down the sidewalk. Dally was leading the way while Johnny and I stayed behind. Johnny had one hand in his pocket and the other in my hand.

"I love you, a lot. A whole lot." He said to me, still looking at the sidewalk ahead.

"And I love you a whole lot." I returned.

"I know, you're the only girl that has. And so I'm gonna make it my business to beat them Socs 'til they cain't (A/N: You get what I mean by 'cain't' right? Like that's how he pronounced it) walk."

Dallas turned his head. "And you're like my little sister, so it's my job to beat them Socs 'til they can't talk."

"Wanna know something, Y/N?" Johnny didn't even give me time to reply. "I think I wanna make you my wife one of these days."

I gasped. "Joh- really?"

Johnny nodded. "Yeah. Ponyboy'll be my best man."

I laughed, causing Johnny to smile. "How long have you been plannin' this?"

His smile slowly left. "A while now."

"This your house?" Dally asked, nodding to the house in front of us.

"Yep." Johnny released me from his grip. He kissed me before dropping me off on my porch.

"Please, Darling, don't get hurt." I pleaded with him.

"I ain't." He reassured me.

"You be careful too, Dal. Them Socs don't play nice."

"I'll be alright, kid." Dally waved his hand at me. "For us anyways"

Before Johnny and Dally left, Johnny turned to me once more. "We'll make sure them Socs leave you alone."

***
On Monday, the attendance was down by three kids. Three Socs were in the hospital. There were no threats, no name calling, no trash throwing.

I sat in my desk in History class, next to Ponyboy. As the teacher wrote down information on the board, I smiled down at my notebook.

I drew a heart with 'J.C + (Y/F/I)(Y/S/I)' in it. Then a piece of cake. Then simply, Johnny. I admired my work and then mouthed a quick "thank God for Johnny Cade". And after I thought about it, I also mouthed " and thank you New York for Dallas Winston."

Things were gonna be okay.