Dallas Winston Imagine

(I'm using Teenagers by MCR in this. It is not era-correct but it really fits Dallas)

They're gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the books to make a citizen out of you

"I'm telling ya somethin', Y/N" Dallas stared intently at the switch between his thin fingers. "The fuzz, all them 'good' people, they ain't good."

I nodded, clinging on to every word as if it were a lifesaver and I was lost in the ocean.

"Them authorities, man... They're just as bad. They act like this town is gonna be'a picture perfect place." Dallas put the switch away in to his pocket. "But it'll all be the same."

Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you, son, so they can watch all the things you do.

"And they got snitches planted all around this town. They turn ya in, then next thing you know you're in the cooler for a week."

"How do you keep from talking to a snitch?" I asked, my eyes searching his face for anything.

Dallas paused from lighting his cigarette and looked me right in the eyes. "Trust no one."

Dallas lit his cigarette and leaned against the cool brick wall. He had his cancer stick in one hand and my hand in the other.

"I'm only telling you this to keep you safe." Dallas took a puff and exhaled the smoke. He put the cigarette hand back down by his side.

"I know." I looked straight across the street, looking at absolutely nothing.

"And I care about you a lot."

That put a smile on my once neutral face. "I care a lot about you too, Dallas."

So we stood there against that building until the sun came up and our worries went down. Two rebellious lovers, hand in hand. Back on brick.