Chapter 1

America's POV

"Kriss will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Kriss's eyes started to flow out tears of joy, and min started to flow out tears of sadness. I'm tempted to run out the room but I know cameras are watching.

Hours go by and I just sit in my seat and plaster a smile until someone taps me on the shoulder, "Lady America the party is over, you can go now." As I get upand leave I see Maxon whispering something in Kriss's ear and see her giggling. Iwant to scream. I need to leave.

I get to my room and see Aspen and Lucy talking. It seems everyone can find their sole mate but me.

"Hey America, I'm sorry," she says coming to embrace me.

"Its okay, I guess it wasn't meant to be," I feel tears coming and just let them go as I sob in Lucy's shoulder.

"Write me letters when you get home. We're going to miss you so much."

Aspen starts to bring me in a hug, "Tell my family I'm okay. Call if you can. I'll see if I can come and visit soon."

"I think I just need some time alone for now. Bye."

Lucy gives me one last hug and says good bye. As soon as they leave I start to write a note to Maxon.

Dear Maxon,

I'm going to miss you.

I crumble it up and start again

Thank you for having me

No

I will always love you

Definitely not putting that.

I'm starting to think that writing a note is a bad idea.

I abandon that idea and head to the main doors of the palace. I'm really going to miss this place, especially the food. I taje one more look of this gorgeous place and leave. I hop in the car, I take my phone out and call Celeste.

"Hello?"

Its me America. I need a favor."

"Sure, anything."

"I can't bear to see my family right now. Can I crash at your house?"

"Sure, you can stay as long as you need to."

"Thanks."

I hang up the phone, put my ear buds in and drift off to sleep.