Chapter 41

America's POV

I wake up to Adam holding me and me holding Gracen and him holding his teddy bear. I feel Adam kiss my neck, "Good morning my love."

"Good morning," I whisper trying not to wake Gracen up. "Look who snuck in last night," I say looking at Gracen.

"Its always him or Rose or both."

I laugh and shake my head. I feel Gracen stretch and yawn. He turns and faces me with his beautiful deep blue eyes looking at me. I kiss his forehead. "You forgot Mr. Teddy," he says lifing his teddy bear up for me to kiss it. "And good morning to you," I say kissing his forehead. "Are you all packed for our trip?" He shakes his head no, "why not?" I ask playfully. "I- I can't uh reach my suitcase." He sometimes has a hard time getting his words out but mostly in the mornings. I've already taught him and Rose how to write their names and ABC's. They can already read little picture books. "Daddy can help you get that out. Right daddy?" I say turning to Adam. He lets out a big snore. "I guess daddy is really tired." Gracen nods his head and smiles. He puts his thumb in his mouth but I tell him no. I've learned quickly to not let babies suck their thumb.

"I'm hungry," says Gracen.

"Me too, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Cereal!" He yells.

"Shhh you're going to wake everyone up," I whisper.

"Sorry," he says trying to whisper.

"Do you want to get sissy up?"

"Yeah."

We walk down the hallway and Rose is already coming down the hallway with her stuffed giraffe. "Hey Rose," I say picking her up, "did you sleep good?" She nods and yawns. "You want cereal for breakfast?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay but first we have to wake up daddy."

"Okay," she whispers with a smile on her face. I put Rose and Gracen ont he bed. Rose starts screaming in Adam's ear and he jerks up. We all laugh. I hear more footsteps coming. Emma, Audrey, Ben and Eric come in. Of course the teenagers sleep in except for the triplets. Mason is 16, Claire is 15 and Amber is 14 so are the triplets.

"Are you guys ready for breakfast?"

"Yes!" They all say. I pick up Rose and Adam has Gracen. "Did you sleep well last night?" I ask Rose. She nods. She too has strawberry blonde hair and deep blue eyes.

Every sits around the table and eats their cereal. "So are you guys all ready for the palace?" Adam asks. They all nod because they have a mouth full of food. He turns to me, "Are you ready for the palace?"

"Yes and are you ready for the palace?"

"Yep."

He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I have Celeste taking care of the cafe while we're gone."

"Okay." I say. Adam officially got the cafe when his dad died 10 years ago. He left it in his will and said 'I love my grandchildren'. He never met any of them because Adam didn't want him near them.

"Okay I'm ready for the palace. When are we leaving?" Emma says.

"Probably five days."

"Five days!"

"Its okay Emma you'll survive. That palace is not that exciting anyways."

"Audrey you take that back."

"It really isn't."

"You'll understand later."

"Why are you so consumed with Prince Maxon. You'll never marry him. I'm 14 and don't care and you're 12."

"So."

"The only one who could possibly marry him is mom but she has dad."

"Well she actually loved him in the Selection days."

"Okay guys lets calm down," I say. Mason comes into the kitchen.

"Ew! Put a shirt on!" Emma yells, "nobody wants to see that fat."

"I'm not fat!" He says. He actually isn't he has bulging muscles in his upper body and is lean. All of my children are healthy.

"None of you guys are fat. Please lets just talk about something else," I say. Then Claire and Amber come into the kitchen and sit down.

"Now that everyone is awake, do all of you have everything packed."

"Yes!" They all say.

"Do we want to go out today or is today a lazy day?"

"Lazy day."

"Okay."

We all finish packing and all are ready for the palace.

"Hey honey," Adam says wrapping his arms around my shoulders and kisses my cheek. As we sit on the couch.

"Hey."

"Are you ready for the palace? If you know what I mean."

"Yeah. I told him we're just friends but he keeps wanting to be more."

"Maybe I need to tell him back off."

"That would be rude." I feel an urge to defend Maxon and something deep deep deep inside me spark emotion about him. I just push it deeper.