Chapter 7

America's POV

I wake and feel like a truck just slammed into to me. My headache is almost unbearable. I walk to the kitchen to get some water. I grab a glass but before I can do anything else Natalie says, "Maxon's here." I drop my glass, the glass shatters into a million pieces flying everything. I've been dreading and wanting to hear those words for a year. "He was at the bar last night, he found you with another guy." Great Maxon found me with another guy.

"I don't even remember a guy."

"That's because you told me that you were only going to have one drink."

I look down, ashamed for what'd happened. I can't believe Maxon saw me like that. "At least its not all over the news," she says trying to make me feel better. My life keeps getting worse and worse. I go lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I count how many times the ceiling fan goes around.

I start thinking about Maxon. I miss, but I would hate to see right now. He's probably going to come visit me with Kriss. I hate her but its not her fault. Why do I have to be so stupid. I wish I could go back to that day and Maxon turns to me instead if Kriss. I wish I could forget. I need to let it go. From now on I'm not going to let Maxon fill my thoughts. I'm going to let him go.

I walk to the kitchen I see Natalie and Celeste talking.

"Hey how are you feeling Celeste."

"Like I was stomped on by a dinosaur a million times. You?"

"Good I guess. Mine has been getting better."

"So how do you feel that Maxon's back?"

"I told myself I'm not going to let him fill my thoughts. I am going to let it go and move on."

"Good for you. Do you guys want to go do something today."

"We're no going to a bar!"

"How about we go get ready and see where the car leads us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far we've been to the mall, out to eat, the farmers market, to a craft store and clothing stores.

"Where do you guys want to go next?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe we could go to sleep," says Celeste.

"Yeah I'm pretty tired myself, " I say.

We head home and realize we forgot to get our bags from the store. Celeste and Natalie head out to get them. The store is three hours away. I guess I'll be alone for a while. I sit down and watch TV for the next hour and a half. Then I hear a knock on the door. I open the door, its Maxon.

He's standing there with a t shirt and jeans on. He look so casual, I like the look. I realize he's staring at me I blush a little bit. I don't know what to say to him but I don't have to he speaks first. "Hey," he says. He looks skinnier he lost a lot of muscle. He doesn't look healthily either. I try to look at anywhere but this eyes. He begins to speak again, "America I know you dont want to even breathe the same air as me right now, but I've made the dumbest decision in my life. I'm not mad at you I'm mad at myself. Its been hell not having you with me. I don't even think I'm healthily anymore. I miss your smile, your singing, your smell. I miss every part of you," I can only stare at him, "I need you America." He looks on the verge of tears. I feel my eyes swell up but I don't let the tears fall. I'm too angry with myself to talk or be near him. "Please America I need to be with you every day of my life. Even if you don't love me, I will always love you. Break my heart, break it a thousand times if you'd like. It was only ever yours to break." I start to feel a tear flow out but I don't let it fall. I can't be with him he has Kriss.

"I'm sorry," I say. "I'm sorry too."

"No I mean sorry I can't be with you."

"Wha- wha- what do you mean you can't be with me?"

"Maxon I can't live like this anymore. I've been trying to get over you but I can't. You will always have a place in my heart but I can't be with you. Good bye Maxon." I shut the door and slide down it and start crying in my knees. I risk a peek outside, I see Maxon sitting on the brick stairs with his hands in his eyes. I want to run to him and say, "I love you" but I know its impossible.

Luckily Natalie and Celeste come through the garage. Maxon has been sitting out there for the past two hours. "I hope you know Maxon is sitting on the front porch. "

"Yeah I know."

"When did he get here?"

"About two hours ago," I'm still sitting against the door with dried tears. "Did you guys talk?" I only nod my head, "Can you tell us what happened?"

"I let him go."