Chapter 32

Queen Amberly's POV

How could he do this to me? We have a child. We have responsibilities. I love him, was I not good enough? I walk to my room. On the way I hear footsteps. I try to hold the tears in, I have to. "Amberly please," I turn around and stop. He caresses my cheek, "I'm sorry, I should've told you."

"When did this happen?" I say trying to restrain myself from falling into tears.

"It was only a few times."

"A few times? So it was more than once? What made you do this to me? Was I not good enough? I try to be-"

"You're perfect Amberly. I love you. I'm not with her anymore."

He kisses my forehead. I look into his eyes, they're deep with emotion. But I can't tell what kind of emotion.

"What about the kid? Is- is- is it okay? Have you even spoke to the child? Does the child even know it has royal blood?"

"Amberly listen to me. Don't worry about anything its okay. Just trust me." I'm too in love with him to hate him.

"Just trust me."

"Okay."

He kisses me one more time and leaves. When he goes around the corner Maxon appears. He just shakes his head. "How can you trust him?"

"Maxon this isn't a conversation for right now."

"When will be the right time? You're just going to get stuck right under his thumb."

"Maxon I love your father-"

"Even if he's a monster."

"Maxon-"

"You're blind to reality. He's a tyrant!"

"Maxon don't be barbaric. Lets handle this in a mannerly fashion."

"We can't. I couldn't even get his blessing to marry the girl I love."

"Are you talking about America?" He nods.

"He's caused too much damage. I don't know how you can stand him!"

"Maxon lets keep this conversation calm."

"How can you be calm right now? I- I just- I just want to-" he yells in frustration and storms off. I sit on a near by bench with my head in my palms.

"Your Majesty are you okay?"

I look up, "Yes I'm fine thank you."

"Would you like some water your majesty?"

"No I'm fine." Or will I be?