Chapter 25

America's POV

I lay there every second and day thinking about him. It feels like years since I've seen him but I know its been only three days. three day and 9 hours and 37 minutes to be exact. Now 38 minutes. I need to feel him next to me. The lonely nights are getting even more lonely. Sometimes I put pillows under the covers to make me think he's there.

*knock* *knock*

"Hey we wanted to see how you are doing. " Natalie says. Celeste comes and sits beside me and rubs my back.

"I can't believe he did that. It pisses me off," Celeste says. I can only nod.

"We should do something today."

"You need to get off your butt."

"You haven't spoken to us since it happened. Heck you haven't even spoken in this conversation."

"You haven't left this room either. You just get something to nibble on and come back here." I nod. I just want to be alone because that's how it will be forever.

"I just want to be alone."

"You can't just isolate yourself in here for the rest of your life."

"I know but my heart has been broken, wait, shattered and stomped on too many times for my liking. One was too many for me."

"But-"

"I don't even know if I can get over him ever. He was the best thing that happened to me. But now he's gone." I start bawling in my hands.

"Shh its okay," Celeste says rubbing my back. Natalie comes and sits on the other side of me and hugs my shoulder. "We will leave you but we want you to come put at least once. Okay?" I nod my head they leave quietly after I stop crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been three days eleven hours and two minutes since I felt him, saw him. I go to the living room to please Celeste and Natalie. I sit on the couch just staring at the TV but not comprehending a single thing or word.

"Hey! You came out!"

"Yep."

"We know you've been sad and depressed so we called in someone special." I turn around and see familiar long blonde hair and blue eyes. Its Marlee! I leap off the couch and squeeze her.

"We knew she would cheer you up."

"Don't kill me!" I let go and she embraces me.

"I've missed you so much!" I say.

"Me too."

"How are you and Carter?"

"Plus one." She says.

"What?" I say in confusion.

"Plus one." It hits me right in the face. SHE'S PREGNANT!

"OH MY GOD MARLEE THAT'S INCREDIBLE!" I say jumping up and down.

"Lets go sit on the couch."

"So when is it due. I can barely notice."

"Well its April right now, so around mid January. Its too early to tell if its a boy or girl."

"That's amazing Marlee!"

"And we want to make you the god parent." My jaw drops. I squeal. I bounce up and down on the couch. "Enough about me what about you?" I don't want to tell her what's been going on but I have to, she's my best friend. I sigh, "It took me over a year to get over Maxon. But I finally did. I'd been going to this cafe close by every day. I was always the first one there. Then this amazingly hot cashier sat with me. We talked for a while. Then he slipped and spilled my smoothie all over him," the memory makes Marlee laugh and me too but my smile fades, "we went out on a date that day. We look a long walk on the beach and we kissed. We moved really fast. We'd only been together for a month and a half and he proposed. I was I love with him. The day I met him I knew he was going to be something special to me. I didn't plan on falling in love again but I'm glad I did." Marlee smiles at me with sympathy in her eyes. "I loved him so much but when I saw him with- with- with that girl I couldn't look at him." I shake my head in frustration. "Have you ever considered talking to Maxon about it?"