Chapter 45

America's POV

I wake up with Rose and Gracen in my arms and Adam's arms wrapped around all of us. Its six so I have enough time to get ready for breakfast. I take a shower and put a white dress on. I get my white leather sandals on and wake Adam up. "Wake up sleepy head," I say.

"Five more minutes," he says. I kiss his lips and he kisses back. "Good morning," I say.

"Good morning my lady." I laugh and wake Gracen and Rose. I tickle them both and they curl up and laugh.

"Good morning sleepy heads," I say kissing their foreheads. "Mommy what are we doing?"

"Well we need to get ready for breakfast first." Rose gets up and gets her clothes so does Gracen. They each moved their suitcases in here since we decided to let them stay in here. Rose picks out a white dress and leather sandals to match me. Gracen on the other hand picks out footy pajamas. So I pick out a white button up shirt and a little green plaid bow tie, some khakis and little sperrys. I braid Rose's hair into two braids on each side and make sure Gracen's hair is combed. Adam comes out of the shower with just a towel on. Luckily the kids aren't looking so he runs in the closet. When he comes out he has a white button up and a light blue bowtie on and black dress pants.

"No coat?"

"Nope."

"Look how cute they look!" I say pointing to Rose and Gracen. Rose is twirling around and Gracen has his finger in his mouth and has his teddy bear in the other arm. "I'll go check if the others are awake."

I walk in Mason's room he has a white button up on, a black bow tie and black dress pants. Then I go to Claire's and she has a pink dress that flares out and a head band on. I go to Audrey's and she has a blue dress on that ombres to white and has her hair in a bun in the back. When I walk in Emma and Amber's room the scent of perfume fills my nose. I cough and try to fan it away. "What are you doing?"

"Impressing Kenith." She says spraying more perfume on her yellow dress.

"She's been talking non stop about him," Amber says rolling her eyes. I take the perfume and put it in the trash. I walk in Ben and Eric's room of course they're doing some kind of contest. Ben is on the floor doing push ups and Eric is counting. "91, 92, 93! Dang it you beat me by 5."

"Okay boys stop wrinkling your outfits." They are both matching. They have a black shirt and a white bow tie on. Eric has his hair slicked back and Ben has it like Adam's. Brushed but sticking up a little.

We all luckily get ready in time its only 7:15 we still have 45 minutes. I walk down the hallway not looking where I'm going. I bump into somebody.

"Sorry miss," he say. Its Aspen!

"Aspen?"

"Hey," he says hugging me. "How are you I haven't seen you since your wedding."

"Good I have nine kids."

"Wow, Lucy and I have tried but no luck."

"I'm sorry. Well I got to go tell Lucy to come and talk later."

"Okay bye America."

"Bye."

I just walk all around the palace not knowing where to go. I look at all the paintings and once again run into someone who I wasn't looking forward to see.

"King Clarkson a pleasure," I say curtsying. He hugs me. I'm in shock that his arms are around me. "I miss her so much. She was talking about wanting you as a daughter but I never listened. I miss her so much." He must be talking about Amberly. "I'm sorry," is all I can say. He looks older, more tired, wrinkled, sleep deprived. Even if he is a terrible person he loves his wife. "I'll see you at breakfast America," he says walking off. I'm trying to understand what just happened.

Maxon comes around the corner. He's wearing the same suit he wore the first day we met. Not that I remember. "Hey, how did your family sleep?"

"Good."

"I hear there's a little jealously going on with my son."

I laugh, "yeah Audrey didn't even want to be here,"

"I wonder where she gets that from."

I roll my eyes, "but she got the attention of Kenith and Emma wants to marry him."

"Ah! I see."

"Last night she told me to tell you to tell Kenith to back off Audrey so she could talk to him," I say and he laughs.

"Sounds like a mini Selection."

"Yeah I guess so." All the memories come rushing back. "At least he didn't get kneed in the groin," Maxon says. I laugh. "Well I need to get back to my family. See you at breakfast."

"Wait, did you think about what I said last night?"

"Oh I forgot. Umm, listen Maxon. We can't be together at all. Not even one bit. I have a family and you do too. If you bother me again about it I'll have to tell Adam. I'm sorry it just has to be this way."

"I understand, I just wanted to know if your feelings were the same as mine. Friends?"

"Friends." I can tell he wants to be more than friends though. A feeling starts to come up but shove it deeper.