Chapter 58

America's POV

Even though Adam forgave me I still feel terrible. I look at my necklace. I sigh and shake my head and stare at it. I lay in bed with nothing to do. I want to get out of here. I want to get out of the palace. A nurse walks in.

"America you are free to go." She says. She takes the wires and IV off of me. I look down at my wrists. They're wrapped in bandages. I see little blood stains coming through. "I need to change your bandages." As she takes them off gashes fill my wrists. I shake my head. She covers them up with new ones. "Okay you're all set." I get up and leave. I look in the waiting room. There's a huge whole in the wall. The staff are trying to fix it. I see people replacing chairs and vases.

When I walk out of the hospital wing I see Kenith and Audrey talking. I hide around the corner to listen.

"We might be leaving soon."

"I know. I wish you could live here or I could live with you."

"We should write letters and call or text too."

"Yeah. Maybe sometime later you can visit."

"I'll make sure I can."

"If we were 20 right now and I asked you to marry me what would you say?"

"Absolutely yes." He kisses her.

"I'm going to miss you. Just wait about five years and we'll be together forever."

"I like the sound of that. Us together."

"I do too."

"We're only 14 and love each other. Its like we're meant to be."

"You are my princess and I'm your prince. You're flawless."

"You know it takes a lot of work to get this status," she says flipping her hair.

"I love you," he says getting closer and closer to her lips.

"I love you too," she says closing the centimeters between their lips. How cute. I'm going to have a prince for a son in law. They're practically a fairy tale.

I walk my way around them. I go back to the room. Amber runs up to me and squeezes me tight. "I'm so happy you're here."

"I love you. I love all of you."

"Are we leaving?" Eric asks. I look at Adam.

"Yes. There's been too much going on since we've got here. I think its best if we leave tomorrow," Adam says. I nod. The kids go back to their rooms to start packing. We won't even get to see Maxon's coronation here. But I think its best if we leave. Audrey comes in crying.

"Why do we have to leave tomorrow?"

"Its best if we leave as soon as possible."

"But tomorrow?"

"Yes." I say and she stomps off to her room. I sigh and put my face in my palms. A sudden sting fills my wrists. I look down and blood is expanding on the bandages. Adam comes and looks over.

"Here I'll help you," he says going to get the bandages. He unwraps them very carefully. He stares at them then looks away. Tears start to form in my eyes. He gets bandages and rewraps them. When he's done he rubs my wrists and kisses them.

"I'm sorry its my fault this happened to you," he says.

"Don't blame yourself. How about we just forget about it." I says and he nods. "I love you," he says cupping my cheeks. "I love you too."

I go to the bed to start packing. Gracen tugs on my shirt. "Hey there," I say picking him up.

"What happened to your arms?" I freeze. He'll never really understand if I tell him.

"Mommy did something not very good. That's all I can say." He nods and yawns.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Uh-huh," he says.

That night I lay there with Rose and Gracen in my arms. Adam's chest against my back and his strong arms around us. I go to sleep knowing I don't deserve my family.