Chapter 6

Maxon's POV

I want to break the window. I come to find America and see some guy on top of her. I want to strangle him. But I can't do anything about it, I'm the one who let her go.

"Open the door," I say through the glass. He quickly puts his shirt on and gets out so does America. He goes in for a kiss before he leaves, she kisses back. When he leaves I feel like yelling at her for doing something so stupid.

"You're going to yell at me aren't you."

"No I'm not going to yell at you. Is this even your car?"

"I dont know," she starts to laugh.

"Lets go back inside."

She can barely walk in a straight line. I have to guide her. I put my arms around her shoulders. It feels good to see and feel her again. I see Natalie and Celeste at the bar. They see me with America. Natalie looks relieved that she's okay.

"Hey Maxon."

"What up Maxon."

"Hey, I found America."

"She went off with some guy. I tried to stop her but Celeste was throwing up."

"Why are you here?"

"Business things."

"How come it wasn't on the report that you were coming?"

"Its supposed to be a secret."

"Oh okay."

"Well us girls need to head home. Nice talking to you again."

"You too."

I watch America leave, she probably won't remember me being here. At least I found her. It pains me to see her this way. Its my fault that she's like that, out drunk. I sigh and leave. I somehow managed to sneek out of the palace without anyone knowing. I paid the driver extra to keep quiet. Now I'm here and have nowhere to go. Maybe I could stay with America or I wish I could stay with America.

I make sure my baseball cap is on tight and covering my face so nobody recognizes me. I check into a hotel room. I lay on the bed arms and legs spread out wide staring at the ceiling exhausted. The bed isn't as comfortable as the ones at the palace but this will do for now.

I hope to see America tomorrow. I don't even know if she wants to see me right now. I wonder if she thinks about me endlessly like I do her. I drift off to sleep dreaming about America.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

We say as we walk hand in hand down the beach watching the stunning sunset. The pinks, oranges and purples makes this evening feel magical. America turns to me, I leen in. When we kiss its feels like a spark has woken me up from a thousand years. When I pull away she says, "You should've chose me." She turns away and runs off, I chase her. I follow her to a hotel I see a glimpse of her fiery hair turn a corner. I realize shes at a dead end, when she turns around its my mom. "You don't love Kriss, you should've chose America," she says then bolts off. I run after her she hits another dead end but then she disappears. I slam my fist into to the wall. I want America. I can't live without her.

I wake up covered in tears and sweat. I look over at the clock Its 7:00 I need to talk to America. I hop in the shower. I didn't bring my suits, all I have is shorts, jeans and T-shirts. I grab my baseball cap. I put it on tightly and head out.

When I'm at the entrance I see a group of guards entering. I quickly pull my cap down to cover my face even more and walk out. Apparently I put it to far down and knocked into someone. I look up and see Ledger. I want to rip him to pieces.

"Prince Maxon we've come to escort you back to the palace," I hear people around us gasp.

"Ledger can I speak to you privately."

"Yes sir."

We go off into a corner.

"I really need to see America. I've been going crazy. I found her the other night, she looks pretty bad. I don't know if she even wants me but I want her. I just need to stay here for a while," I look up at him with pleading eyes.

"What are we going to do about the queen?"

"What did you tell her when you left?"

"We didn't say anything, we just left. We didn't want her to know that you were missing."

"Tell her I'm on a business trip that was urgent and I had to leave immediately."

"Sir, we're not going back to the palace without you."

"Fine. I guess you have to stay here."