Chapter 42

Maxon's POV

"Kenith! Get down here!" I yell.

"Yes dad?"

"We have guests coming and you haven't even got a suit on. Here put this on," I say handing him a black pair of dress pants, navy blue suit coat, a white button up, and a black bow tie.

"Must I wear a tie?"

"Fine whatever. Do I look fine." I have a dark grey suit on with a black button up on under and a grey tie.

"You look fine." Kenith looks just like me when I was 14 years old but he's more built than me. I haven't decided if I want him to have a Selection or not.

We wait at the front doors of the palace for them. I take a deep breath. Of course father isn't here to greet them, he's working. As the days go by it feels like he's on his last breath. I already have Kriss planning his funeral. It feels like it could happen any day. I look of at Kriss and smile. She has a white dress on.

I see an Illéan limo pull up. I take one more deep breath. Ready for America. The driver stops and Adam is the first to get out. He has a black blazer on with jeans and a blue plaid button up underneath. He holds the door open as everyone gets out. I count nine kids and America. She looks almost the same. Always beautiful as ever. She's wearing a blue sun dress. She picks up a little boy who looks about 3 and has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. Adam shuts the door and picks up a little girl who looks the same age as the boy and has the same color eyes and same color hair. All of her children are gorgeous like her. She told me over the phone that two of them are adopted and she has triplets and twins.

They walk up to the doors and greet the guards. When they walk in everyone is in shock at the palace except for America. Its a distant memory for her. They walk up and curtsy or bow.

America walks up and curtsys with her son in her arms. "How have you been America?"

"Good how are you?"

"Wonderful, Kenith come and meet Lady America."

"Just America please."

"Nice to meet America," he says extending a hand. Adam walks up and shakes our hands. "Afternoon Maxon."

"Hello," I say.

"Hello Mr. Roberts."

"Adam please."

"Please join us for dinner," I say.

"Of course. Let me get my kids in line. Okay Gracen you have to go by Rose now." He walks off as America hands him his teddy bear.

All the kids line up in a line facing us. "This is Mason he's 16, then this is Claire she's 15, this is Amber, Audrey, Benjamin and Eric they are 14. Amber and Emma are adopted. Then this is Emma she's 12," Emma almost faints when she see me. I look the same as I did long ago but have aged a little bit. "And these are the twins Rose and Gracen. They are 3 years old." I high each of them. They both have their stuffed animals in their arms.

"Its a pleasure to meet you all," I look at Kenith and he's staring at Audrey. I guess we both have a thing for red heads.