Chapter 4

Maxon's POV

I'm rushed into a meeting this morning. My butler says its "urgent" but I doubt it. Its probably just me needed to sign something.

When I walk in the room the advisors look at me like I've done something wrong. They don't say a word they just turn the TV on. Oh. My. Gosh. Its America. My jaw drops feeling paralyzed in shock to what she's doing. I see shot glasses around her. The thing that infuriates me most is that a guy's hands are in her shirt and she making out with him.

I can't be mad at her its my fault that she's doing that. If I would've chose her she wouldn't be doing that. I just sit there with my head on my hand. "The news says its the monarchies's fault that she's doing that they she didn't get the right 'manners' that she's supposed to get while here."

"That wasn't our fault. They should blame it on her not us."

"Now it makes us look bad."

"Why would she do that? Doesn't she know people are watching."

"That's not all we have. The news crew caught the guy and interview him." He gets the remote and turns the TV on. "How was it like meeting America Singer? "

"It was cool. I bought some her drinks. It looked like she was pretty knocked up when I got there."

He switches the TV off. They all turn to me. "I can't do anything about that. I can't think right now. I just need to see- er- talk to her. Maybe we could arrange something. "

"What would the queen think about that?"

I sigh he's right. If I tell Kriss I'm going to see America she won't be happy. "How about we say I have to go on business matter."

"Okay what will you do when you're there?"

"Straighten her up."

"Do we even now if she wants to see you?"

"She probably doesn't."

"You can't even go til another three months."

"Why?"

"You already have meeting planned for months."

"I can cancelled them."

"Its about what to do after the castes being dissolved."

"You can't miss that."

"Fine. I'll wait but three months from this day I'm leaving."

"Okay its settled. We'll get your travel plans ready for two."

"Its just going to be me no Kriss."

"May we ask why?"

"Its personal."

I get up and leave. I need to get to America.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner is quiet as usual. The steak is delightful with mashed potatoes and grilled zucchini. "We should go somewhere Maxon."

"Sorry I can't. Meetings," I say not looking up from my food.

"We rarely do anything together. We should do something. How about you and me take the day off and spend the whole day together tomorrow?"

I love Kriss but I don't love her like America. Our kisses never have sparks like mine and America's always had.

"You seem really quiet lately. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"And you barely talk to me. I'm starting to think you're hiding something."

Her glare sends chills down my spine. I freeze.

"Why would I be hiding something. What would I be hiding."

She starts to raise her voice, "Maxon you can talk to me. You don't have to hide in your office all day."

"Why do you think something is wrong? Do you not trust me? I married you because you were truthful."

"Is that the only reason because of what happened with America that morning. Was I your second choice! I thought you loved me for who I am. Not to use me as a safety net!"

"God woman! I can't think right now. I've had a busy day. I just need it to be silent," I snap.

"Stop thinking about America. She's a whore anyways. Have you seen the news she's already moved on."

I drop my fork. That's it I need to go now.