Epilogue 2

America's POV

I hold my necklace tight. Its been one year, five months, three weeks, four hours and 57 minutes since he's died. Every night I cry in my pillow that he's gone. Sometimes I hold his picture close to me when I sleep or if I sleep. I'm only 39 and am a widow.

I look down at the bracelet Maxon gave me years ago. When I came back to the palace we just talked occasionally. The director for the wedding tells us to go to the Great Room for the rest of the wedding.

I sit at a table alone and will for the rest of my life. Maxon comes and sits by me. I smile and he smiles back. "How are you doing?" He asks

"I should be asking how you're doing since Kriss you know," I say. Kriss was put in prison for life for treason. She was cheating on Maxon. "Okay I guess. How are you doing. I heard about Adam."

"Still trying," I say looking at my necklace.

"You still kept your bracelet." I look at it and nod, "I'm surprised you did."

"You should know by now I'm full of surprises." He laughs. He stares at me. I see a twinkle in his eyes. I blush, why am I blushing? I feel an emotion coming up but knock it down.

"Do you want to dance?" He asks.

"You know I'm terrible," I say but he leads me to the floor anyways. He puts a hand on my hip and holds one of my hands, as I put my hand on his shoulder. I miss this feeling. Him touching me, me touching him. We just sway slowly. I feel the emotions coming I try to push them down but I release them. I look into his eyes and they look like they've found something they've been missing for years. I get closer to him as he does the same. "I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too," I say with my face millimeters away from his. He closes the gap and kisses me. I've missed these special kisses. He pulls away smiling and I smile too. I see my kids cheering silently. I see Audrey and Kenith dancing looking in love as ever. See looks just like me and he looks just like Maxon. Its like they're what could've been when we were that age.

Even if you're 39 or 40 you can still find your true love. I've found it three times but I've only found real true love once.

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."

- Oscar Wilde

I rest my head on his chest and hold on to him and never let him go.