Chapter 35

Maxon's POV

My family is falling apart. My mom won't speak to my father and my father canned me after my outburst. Kriss is oblivious to all of it. She's just is happy all the time. I start to head to dinner.

I sit in my usual spot at the table. Its quiet as usual. If America were here it would be different. I wonder how she's doing.

"I can't take it anymore. No more silence, no more hating each other. Clarkson I forgive you."

"Amberly I'm sorry. I love you."

Even if he's a monster he really loves my mom. And that's how we leave dinner. Luckily on a good note. Better than others.

I go to my room and feel a rush of tiredness fall over me. Before I go to bed I visit mom.

*knock* *knock*

"Come in," she says.

"Hey I wanted to see how you are doing."

"I'm great! How are you? I've never really asked how you and Kriss are going."

"Good I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we're good and all but I'm sure we're fine."

"Have you guys ever thought about having and heir?"

"No."

"Not to be rude but have you did it yet?"

"No not even close."

"And its been over a year."

"Yeah, we just don't have really any special moments. Not even on the three month trip."

"It sounds like you may have picked the wrong girl." I just nod.

"How is America?"

"Good, she's married now. He's a really great guy," I say sadly.

"That's good," I nod.

"I wish I could go back in time."

"To pick America?" I nod.

"Do you ever think what would happen if father didn't pick you?"

"I wouldn't have had you. I don't know I never really thought about it. I'd probably be married but wouldn't truly love him like I do your father. I guess the people we meet play a big role in our lives."

"I need her. I miss her," I say laying on her bed staring at the ceiling. "I wish I could give her one more kiss and hold her," she runs her fingers through my hair. "I never got to see our children, our wedding day, our family pictures. I can't live without her."

"But she has a husband now and you have a wife."

"I know but I just- I just want to say I love you one more time."

"I know sweety, I know."

"I guess I need to go to bed now. Good night, love you."

"Love you too."

I wall out of the room thinking about America. I need to see her.

I walk into Kriss's room.

"Hey."

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"I came to ask you if you want to go somewhere."

"YES! Where?"

"Maybe Florida again."

"Okay, when?"

"A while from now but I'll tell you when. Love you good night."

I need a way to get there as quick as possible. We're having guest coming from all around the world to visit. I need to see her soon.