Chapter 5

America's POV

I can't believe how stupid I was. They caught it on camera for the whole world to see. I might just crawl up in a ball and die. I wouldn't be in this situation if I were at the palace. I miss Maxon. I need him. I need his hugs, his smile. I fall on my bed missing what could have been.

*knock* *knock*

"Come in."

"Hey we were wondering how you were feeling."

"One bad move and they have to catch it."

"Actually we've been going out a lot lately to bars and you've been doing things you shouldn't be proud of."

"Uhhh why does the world hate me," I say as I slam my face into my pillow.

"We'll let you have some alone time."

All I see is love around me. I have nobody. I'm nothing I will never be anything. Its been a year since I was rejected. I feel like trash. I go to the bathroom to splash water in my face. I look in the mirror. I see ugliness. Dried up tears. My hair is not its fiery red anymore. It lost its flame a year ago when Maxon walked out of my life forever.

Maxon where are you I need you. He's probably with Kriss having the best time of his life. And then there's me. Im on the floor staring at the ceiling wondering what to do with myself. I need to see Maxon.

Then I realize he's the one who did this to you. Its his fault. I wouldn't be here on the floor if he chose me. But yet it is my fault I cheated on him. But there was nothing going on my relationship with Aspen was done. I'm just worthless trash. I lay there sobbing myself to sleep.

I wake up with hair soaked in tears. I get up and see no one's here. I sit on the couch mad with myself and Maxon. I need to get over him. Stop thinking about him. He's taking over your life if you keep thinking about him. Stop!

I hear I knock at the door. Its Celeste and Natalie with groceries.

"What's wrong? Your eyes are red and poofy."

"I'm fine."

"You can talk to us America. We're here for you."

"You can tell us whatever you want."

"I'm fine. Do you guys want to go out tonight?"

"Only if you dont drink."

"Fine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One beer"

"America you said you weren't going to drink."

"Its fine I'm only going to have one."

"Fine."

"Or two. I'm kidding Nat. You just need to relax. To forgetting!" I say and raise my glass high.

"I can't relax if you're going to be drunk everywhere."

"Look, Celeste has already had six shots."

"She can handle it better than you."

"I just want to not think tonight."

"America what's wrong? I can tell there's something wrong."

"I'm fine. Bartender another."

"You said one."

"It will be between you and me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Six beers later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're a good kisser."

"I know."

I don't even remember this guy. Oh well. He kisses harder and harder. I start to fiddle with the hem of his shirt. Then it just flies off. He has tattoos up and down his arms. His chest looks almost as good as Maxon's. We kiss on and on. I feel him shove his tongue down my throat. My jacket falls somewhere on the floor.

All I remember is coming in the car for something. But I dont care I just need to forget. His body is on top of mine. He kisses my neck. He reaches for the bottom of my shirt, but before he can do anything else there's a knock on the window, its Maxon.