Chapter 15

Maxon's POV

"I can't believe we're going to Florida!" Kriss screams.

"There's even an outdoor ball we can attend."

"I'm so excited!"

"Sit down the plane is getting ready to land." I can't believe I took off work for this. Kriss has been bugging me to go somewhere. But I guess its good to get a break. I put my arm around her and kiss her. Our kisses still don't have a spark. I wonder what America is doing right now.

I snap out of my day dreaming when we land. Kriss practically bolts out of the plane. The Florida coast smell overwhelms my nose. "Lets get to our hotel."

When we get in the room its massive for a hotel room. Ten foot ceilings, a kitchen with an island, a living room with a huge flat screen TV over a fire place. When I enter the bedroom there's a pair of huge french doors that lets in a lot of sun light in. I walk through the doors that lead to a balcony. The view is spectacular! It on looks an ocean and a huge house. I wonder who lives there. Whoever does has a great view. I could stay out here all day.

"Lets go exploring," Kriss says.

"Fine. Where do you want to go?"
"People around here says the downtown area has a lot of good shops."

"Alright lets go."

"We should go walk on the beach."

"I'm pretty tired how about we save that for tomorrow."

"Fine."

After hours of endless shopping we go home. Kriss is passed out on the bed. I go look at the sunset from my balcony. I see a couple from come from the house by the beach. They walk hand in hand down the beach. My eyes follow them as they walk. I wish that was me and America. I wonder if she's moved on. I watch the couple lay in the sand and make out.

Im about to close the doors til I hear a familiar laugh. I look closer and closer at the couple the man is ripped with muscles and has no shirt on. The woman reminds me so much of America. She has red hair and laughs just like her. I miss her.

The couple begins to write in the sand with big letters with their feet so the whole world can see. It says 'Adam loves America' with a big heart around it. My heart stops for a second. Amer- America- America is here! I don't believe what I see until the man who I assume is Adam shouts, "I LOVE AMERICA! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HER FOREVER!" America turns to him and shushes him and laughs. That could be me and her right now. I need to see her but I know I can't.

I watch her for the rest of the night kiss, hug and hold hands with her boyfriend. When the night ends for the them, they go to the house and stand at the porch. He puts his hands around her waist and she put her hands on his shoulders. They kiss, I feel like throwing up. He gets in his car and leaves. At least I know that they aren't sleeping together. Just the thought sends chills down my spine. I go to sleep dreaming about America.

I wake up to kisses on my cheek, "America?" I say softly. Kriss jumps back in suprise to what she just heard, "Maxon-" "Kriss I- I- can explain." She gets off the bed and goes into the living room. Great now I have to do something special for her to forgive me. "Kriss I had a dream about her. Its okay I don't love her," I say lying. I go to the couch grabbing her hands and stare into her eyes. "I love you not her." She reaches to hug me and gives me a kiss.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. How about we forget what just happened and do something fun."

"How about we go for a picnic on the beach. There's a beach right in front of the hotel. I think part of its owned by the people in the house. But I'm pretty sure they'll let us go." I don't tell her its owned by America.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Great! I'm going to go get ready."

I sigh and put my head in my hands. What am I going to do. If America and her boyfriend or should I say Adam is there. I think I might die of jealousy. I say there names together and mine and America's. Mine and America's sounds better as a couple. I wonder if they're going to the outdoor ball. I need to know if she still has feelings for me.

I go get ready for the day. When I come out Kriss is by the door and squealing with excitement. I laugh to myself self and shake my head lightly. "Ready?" "Beyond ready!" She say with excitement. I offer her my arm she takes it. "Here let me take the basket," I say holding my hand out. She gives it to me.

"So what do you want to do this month."

"I can't believe I took that much off work."

"You needed a break."

"I know but its a lot. A whole entire month."

"You'll be here with me so it will go by quick," she says with a smile. I try to smile back. I can only think of being close to America again. We get to close to the shore. "We have to ask the owner of the house if we can stay for a little while." Oh shoot if America answers the door.

"Hi-" he started off with a smile but then it faded away. I'm pretty sure America's boyfriend answers the door. He looks way better than me. His muscles show through his shirt. His blue eyes you could just fall into like America's and his smile is perfect as mine. Great now I really now what my competition is like. Nobody talks, then America comes and kisses him on the cheek. Eveyone is dead silent. He puts his arm around her shoulders. Every time he moves his muscles flex. She has two glasses with water in her hands. When she turns to us they shatter into a million pieces like our relationship. Everyone is frozen. "I'm sorry," she say and starts to pick the pieces up. I help her and our hands grazes each others. She notices it and jerks her hand away.

"Where should I put the glass?"

"Follow me."