Chapter 12

Adam's POV

I set my GPS to America's house. My hands are sweaty. Its just a girl, not too important, right?

I finally reach her house the wheel is sticky from sweat. My heart starts to beat out of my chest. She walks out of her house, she looks stunning. She's wearing a blue sun dress. I look down all I have on is a faded button up shirt and jeans. "Hey," she says while getting into the car.

"Hey you look absolutely gorgeous," it makes her blush.

"Thank you. You look great too."

"I look like im homeless."

"That's not true. I think you look dashing," her voice makes me smile. Her smell is intoxicating, the strong vanilla fills the car.

"You look really pretty. I know I keep saying that but its the truth," when I say that it makes her blush even more.

"Which park are we going to?"

"I was thinking maybe instead of going to a park we could walk downtown."

"Sounds good."

"Maybe we could go eat somewhere."

"Where were you thinking?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"How about the Italian restaurant on Main Street?"

"Sounds good."

When we arrive at the restaurant the aroma of pizza fills my nose. The waiter leads us to our table. I pull the chair out for America. She's as light as a feather when I push her in. I have to take a deep breath to calm down. Why am I so nervous?

"Welcome to Little Italy how can I assist you today?"

"I'll have a water."

He turns to me, "Same here." I see America take a deep breath too and straighten her dress. I start to stare at her. Dang she's so beautiful. How did I as me Adam get her to come with me? I'm so lucky.

"So what's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"That's what I figured, since your dress is blue I mean uh," great going Adam.

"What's yours?"

"I have a lot but probably blue too."

"Cool."

"Do you have any family?"

"I have my mom, two brothers and two sisters."

"Wow, five kids. What about your dad?

"He died due to a heart attack."

"Im sorry."

"Its okay, I'm the middle child. What about you?"

"Two brothers and my dad. My mom died two years ago of cancer."

"I'm sorry I know how it feels," she puts her hand on mine. I smile.

"Here are your waters have you decided?"

"I think so. I'll take the grilled chicken salad with ranch," shoot she likes healthy stuff.

"And for you sir?"

"I'll have th- the- the uhhh," I'm flipping through the menu for something healthy, "I'll have the same as her." I can hear America giggling. I feel my face fill with embarrassment.

"Okay coming right up."

"You didn't have to get something healthy to impress me." Shoot she saw right through me. "So how's the weather lately?" I say trying to change the subject quickly. Her laugh is like a beautiful song from a bird.

"You're hilarious." "At least you don't think I'm dumb." We both laugh. I start to stare at her. Gosh she beautiful. She blushes, I feel like she can read my mind. "I feel like you're a mind reader," she starts to giggle, "I'm serious, you found out what I was trying to do with the healthy food, and whenever I said you beautiful in my head you blushed." "You're hilarious."

"Here you go two grilled chicken salads with ranch, Enjoy."

"Thank you."

I'm starving I start to shoveling the chicken in my mouth. I realize I'm being watched, I feel my face start to turn red.

After our meal we start to walk downtown. We look in a lot of shops. We come across a music store and America yanks me in there. As soon as we get there America runs her fingers over the keys on a piano. Her fingers delicately push the keys down. I smile at her, she smiles back.

"Where do you want to go now its 6:09?"

"How about we go to the beach. My house is right in front of one."

"Sounds excellent."

We drive to her house and park the car in the driveway. We take our shoes off and I roll my jeans up. The sun is about to set. Our footprints are everywhere. I somehow got the guts to grab her hand and she took it. As we're walking down the beach and then she stop to take in the wonderful sight we have of the sun.

She rest her head on my chest as we lay in the sand, enjoying the sunset. I lean in and say, "I know this is early but I think I'm in love with you." "I think so too." When we kiss its like she's opened a whole new world to me. I don't want this moment to end. She pulls away, "I could do that some more." We both chuckle.

I walk her back home enjoying my time with her. We stop at her front door and she turns to face me, "I had fun tonight." We step closer to each other I lay my hands on her hips and she rest her hands on my shoulders. "I'm glad you had fun. Maybe we could do something tomorrow." We kiss again sparks are flying everywhere. "Good night," she whispers "Good night." I watch her go in. I'm left on her porch starstruck. I know I love her and she loves me. I love America.