Chapter 24

Adam's POV

I sit lay there sprawled out on my bed staring at the ceiling. I can't get America out of my mind because she is my mind. How could I be so stupid. I'd rather die than not be with her. I remember the event as if it had just happened.

Flashback:

"Just one kiss?" She asks.

"Sorry. My heart belongs to somebody else."

"Please just one."

"I would never begin to think to do that."

"Fine." She says and runs away. She begins to cry. My kindness overwhelms me I go see if she's okay. She's crying in her hands.

"I'm sorry but someone has already stolen my heart. She has locked it up and I intend to keep it there. You're a really nice girl. Any guy would be lucky to have you."

"Come here." I step towards her. She stands up. She takes my hands and puts them around her waist and pushes her straps down from her dress. Everything happens so quickly I freeze. She pushes my head to hers. We kiss. I suddenly hear crying. My heart plummets down in to the ground when I see America.

How could I fall for it. I should've known it was coming. I'm so dumb. I'm helpless and hopeless without America. I begin to write her a letter.

My sweet America,

I can't begin to explain how many years it feels we've been apart but its only been three days. I'm lost and hopeless without you America. I need you. You are my ray of sunshine on my covered skys. A wise man once told me to chase after what I want and hold on to it forever. I'm doing exactly that. I should've never let you go and now I'm chasing you. I need you to stop running and hold on to me. Like I've said before. If I say I love you can I keep you? You said you already have me but why am my arms not around you? Why do I miss your sweet kisses? Why do I miss your smell, your ocean blue eyes, your fiery read hair. Its because you made me miss them. America this is an apology and me pleading. Come back to me. You make me feel like I'm nothing without you. You make me feel everything when we're together. I love you and I hope you think the same too.

Love,
Adam

I hope she doesn't think its some petty worthless trash when she reads it or if she even reads it. I've poured my heart and soul into her. I've lost too much of it too be away from America. I need to feel her skin against mine. The nights are lonely without her. I leave a spot in the bed for her just in case but I know she won't come. I lay there every night missing her. Then I get the idea to go to her.