Chapter 13

America's POV

I dream about Adam all night. He fills my thoughts, the kisses fill my thoughts. I can't contain myself to go and see Adam. I wait til its 7:00 sharp to wake up and get ready to go to. Nobody goes this early to the cafe so I can have some alone time with Adam. Before I walk in I hear shouting. I can see Adam and some man talking through the window.

"You know you weren't supposed to leave early! What were you even doing!"

"I'm sorry."

"Look at me when you're talking to me boy," the man grabs Adam's face and slaps him. I storm in the cafe and yell at the man, "Don't you dare lay a finger on him." I bring my hand back to slap him but Adam grabs my hands and puts them behind my back. I try to lunge at the man but Adam is too strong. "Stupid girl," he says. I spit at him, "Touch him again. I DARE YOU!" Finally the man starts to leave but with one foot out of the door he says, "You better watch what you do young lady," then he leaves.

Adam lets go of me. I turn to see his face. His left cheek has a red hand print. "Who was that?" "My father," he hangs his head down ashamed that he's his father. I rest my hands around his neck and he puts his hands on my hips.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah"

"Why was he yelling at you?"

"He was angry that I left for work early and that I gave you a free smoothie. All he does all day is stalk the security cameras. He even has it on his phone so he can see everything I do wrong."

"I want to punch him."

"I do too sometimes."

We stare into each other's eyes for a while. He leans in. I wish I could hold onto our kisses forever. They make me feel magical.

"On a lighter note what do you want to do?"

"Can I just kiss you all day?"

"I wish."

We both smile. When he smiles all his straight pearly white teeth show and lips form the perfect shape. I give him a quick peck on the lips and pull away.

"But seriously what do you want to do?"

"Well I hear that an outdoor ball is coming up and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?"

"I don't know. I think I might go with some other guy," I say playfully. Adam looks like he's about to burst into a million ashes. "WHAT GUY!" I laugh out loud. Adam is furious, after my laughter slows I'm able to say that I'm kidding. Its like a wave of relief hit him. "I was about to say." I laugh and give him a kiss for an apology.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"But I'm terrible at dancing."

"Lucky for you I'm a great dancer."

"I don't even have a gown."

"We can go pick one out right now."

"But-"

"Just say yes."

"Fine I will go with you."

He picks me up bridal style and kisses me. Soon the kisses turn into more than kisses. He puts me up against the wall. I wrap my legs around his torso. He starts to kiss my neck hard. I fiddle with the buttons on his shirt, eventually I get them all undone. I throw his shirt somewhere in the cafe. He starts to put his hands under my shirt and takes it off. I've only felt like this once but I'm not going to let him ruin this moment. He puts me down. I put my hands in his hair and mess it up. I can feel his tongue in my throat. My hands explore his muscles he's even stronger than you know who. His hands reach the clasp of my bra but before he can do anything a customer walks in.

I try to bury my head and embarrassment in his chest. I search for my shirt. Adam sees it and takes it and shields me with his body til I put my shirt back on. Somehow his shirt managed to go all the way behind the counter. He quickly buttons up his shirt.

"Way to go Adam!" He runs up and punches Adam in the shoulder. "Shut up Steve."

"You guys looked pretty into it."

"What do you want Steve."

"I came to help today."

He starts staring at me. I run to Adam's arms. He puts a protective arm around my shoulders. He looks at me up and down. I want to vomit on his face. "And what's your name pretty lady?" I don't speak to him I just glare at him. "Whatever you want Steve get it and go."

"Like I told you I'm here to help."

"Who are you?"

"I'm that things brother," Adam rolls his eyes, "unlike him I can actually take care of a pretty lady like you." He caresses my cheek. I slap it away. "You're a feisty one."

"What do you actually want."

"Dad sent me here and he told me to tell you that he can see what you're doing." My embarrassment returns.

"If you want to help leave," I snap.

"Fine, if you need me give me a ring. And red head don't hesitate to call," I want to run up to him and spit in his face. He leaves. Adam turns to me, "Sorry my brother such an a**. Actually sorry my whole family is messed up."

"Its okay. If we want to go gown shopping we better go now."

"I don't have a tux."

"Then we'll go out gown and tux shopping."