Chapter 57

Maxon's POV

I can't believe he did this to me. I can put him in jail or even kill him but I can't because of America. She loves him. The second thing I can't believe is that she told him about us. I know it won't get on the news or anything but I thought it was going to be a secret for the rest of our lives

I have to have a sling on my arm, stitches in my forehead, stitches in my colar bone area and a bandage for my nose. My whole body hurts. I need to see America. I blame myself for the fight. I shouldn't have pursued her. She wouldn't have argued with Adam and wouldn't have cut herself. I sigh and shake my head. Why would she want to do that to herself. People care about her and love her. I love her too much to let her go.

Adam said they're going home. That means most definitely I will never see them again. I hear a knock on the door in the hospital room.

"Hey," Kenith says.

"Sorry you had to see that."

"Audrey says they're leaving. They were supposed to stay for Christmas. That's still like two weeks away."

"I know but they have some issues going on."

He shakes his head, "If you would've just stayed out of her love life none of this would've happened."

"What do you mean?"

"If you would've just stayed with mom and away from America none of this would've happened. I could be with Audrey." If I would've chose America none of this would've happened either.

"You just need to stick with your family. Not theirs, ours. Why can't you just be happy with mom. You're the one who chose her." He says.

"Have you noticed that she isn't even here."

He stops and thinks. "Whatever," he says and walks away. I put my head in my hands. What do I do? I need to see America.

I walk to find her room. She lays in bed talking to Adam. I can hear their conversation.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. If I would've said something-"

"Adam its not your fault its mine. I should've never did that to you. I don't deserve you or anything," she says starting to cry.

"You know, you died yesterday. I thought I'd lost you forever. I'd never get to hold you, touch you, kiss you, most of all tell you that I love you. That moment made me realize whatever you do I will always love you. I never want to lose you. I forgive you. Do you forgive me?" He says teary eyed.

"Yes," she says. He kisses her and she cries in his shoulder. When they pull away he reaches in his pocket. "I've been holding this for you. When you'd died I took it for me to remember how much I love you every day, even if you were gone." He pulls out her silver necklace she's been wearing all the time.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he says kissing her forehead.

"How did this happen?" She says looking at his face.

"That's a story for another time." She laughs.

He caresses her cheek and stares into her eyes. "Do you think we should go back home?" He says, "its been too much trouble to stay here. You've been in the hospital twice."

"I don't know, maybe."

"We need to decide. Maxon and I haven't been getting along very well. Especially just a couple hours ago."

"We should ask the kids."

"How about we decide later til you're better," he says kissing her forehead.

"Okay," she says.

"I'll let you rest."

"Love you."

"Love you always," he says leaving the room. When he turns the corner I go in.

"Hey." She just waves and stares at me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay I guess."

"Are you guys leaving?"

"We don't know yet."

"I'm just wondering. I'm not trying to push you out or anything."

"Maxon I don't think I can stay here. There's been way too much drama since we've got here."

"I understand if you want to leave but at least stay til Christmas."

"I don't know Maxon."

"Please America."

"I'll have to ask Adam and I don't know if I want to stay."

"Fine but at least consider it."

"Okay."

"I'll let you rest." I start to walk out and remember something, "one more thing. Why do you always hold that necklace when you're with me?" She looks down and realizes she's holding it. She says nothing and I walk out.