Chapter 59

Maxon's POV

I wake up knowing America is leaving. I sigh and rub my eyes. I get ready to say goodbye to her forever. I'll never see her again. I dread walking to the door to say my final goodbye. Kriss and Kenith are beside me. Kenith looks mad at the world and bitter.

America comes down the stairs with some luggage. I run to her to help. On the way out the maids get the luggage.

"I hope you have safe travels."

"Thank you," she says holding her necklace once more.

"I guess this is it."

"Yep," she says. I extended a hand but she hugs me. Its not like a romantic hug its just a friendly hug.

"I just want to say that I'll miss you and I'll never forget you."

"I'll miss you too."

She trys to pull away but I'm holding her in. I release her. Before she walks away I reach in my pocket. I got her a silver bracelet with blue diamonds hanging on it. She gasps, "Oh my goodness Maxon you didn't have to do this."

"Think of this as a gift stating our friendship and something that will remind you of me while we're apart." I say hugging her once more. I put the bracelet on her wrist. They're covered in bandages. It makes me flinch at little bit. "Thank you," she says.

The rest come out to the front of the palace. Kenith kisses Audrey one more time and promises they'll get married. I smile, their love reminds me of America and I's during the Selection. I give Adam a sturdy hand shake. "Take good care of her. I know you will."

"Thank you," he says walking away.

She gets in the car waving. I wave and try to smile. I'll never see her again. She will always be on my mind for the rest of my life. She is my joy, my pride, my world. I love her to the ends of the earth and will never stop.

{A/N: sorry for the short Chapter.  Well that's the end. I hope you enjoyed. This is my first fan fiction. There will be an epilogue}