Chapter 31

Maxon's POV

"Breaking news! America Singer has been spotted with this guy. We have some serious intell that  America and Prince Maxon have been spending some time together. In this picture you see them dancing at an outdoor ball." That was months ago. Why now? "Is there a royal scandal going on that we need to now about? Reporters have followed her to France. Take a look at this video." Everyone is crowding around her and Adam. They push her to a wall. She trys to get out but falls and hits her head. Adam luckily saves the day and takes her. I see them run to the French Palace. Why did the guards let her in? Then the guards shoo them away. "We have multiple sightings of her and this guy holding hands and kissing. Who will she choose?" I turn the TV off in my study.

My father comes blasting through the door and my mom follows quietly.

"What do you think you were doing!"

"Clarkson please we don't need to be rude."

"No. How do you think people are going to react now? At least they didn't find out about your 'business trip'" my jaw drops how did he find out? "The guards told me about you going to see America. You need to let her go! She doesn't want you! You need to get your head back in the game and get ready to be king! I'll hold this crown til the day I die if you're not ready! You need to-" I stop him there.

"Stop telling me what I need to do! I'm not some little kid anymore! I can make my own decisions! I don't need other people telling what to do!"

"Lets all just calm down," father gives her a glare and it shuts her up.

"Maybe you need to loosen up. You don't have to be in control of EVERYTHING! At least I haven't cheated on my wife and had a kid with the woman!" I stop and think what I just said. My father's face is read as a tomato with anger. Its all just coming out. "Clarkson I'm- I-," she gets up and leaves. "Amberly please wait," that was the most gentle my father has ever said something. "We'll take about this later," he snaps and runs after mom. What have I done.