Chapter 16

America's POV

"Follow me," I say. Why would Maxon come here. Of all the beaches in the world he picks this one. I feel the world is against me right now. And of course he has to help me with the glass. I sigh, "Sorry," he says. "Its fine."

"No I'm sorry I came."

"You can't help that you came to this beach."

"No I mean I saw you last night with your boyfriend." I freeze that was supposed to be private. Oh God he saw me with Adam doing stuff. I shouldn't care but I do.

"You shouldn't be stalking me," I say putting the glass in the trash. Maxon does the same. "I'm not, I just have a really good view of the beach and saw you from my balcony."

"Why did you come to my house? If you knew I lived here, why did you come?" He doesn't say anything he just looks down. I leave to go with Adam. We're supposed to have a lovely picnic by the beach. I grab the basket and see Maxon slap his head. I grab Adam's arm and go to our spot. "Why were they here?" I ask.

"They knew you owned part of the beach so they asked if they could stay for a little bit."

"And what did you say?"

"I said yes or course." I slap my forehead. I'm not going to let them ruin my picnic and time with Adam. We finish eating and put the basket aside. I start to go in the water but only ankle deep. Adam follows me. We walk for a bit. Suddenly I feel a splash of water on my face. I look and see Adam laugh his head off. I body slam him in the water and he takes me with him. We're both soaking wet. We both laugh.

We go back to the blanket and lay down. Adam takes his shirt off and shows his muscles to the entire world. I snuggle into Adam's chest. I could do this all day. The breeze hits us the perfect amount. Nothing can ruin this day. Until I feel Maxon's glare go down my spine. Why does he have to be here? Just don't think about him America. I start to hear Adam snorning. I giggle to myself, then hit him on the arm to wake him up.

"Wha- wha- what?" He says perking up.

"You were snoring," I say and laugh.

"Your laugh makes me smile."

"Your smile makes me want to melt."

"You make me want to kiss you all day."

"I can't stay away from you."

"I can't be away from you. I love you."

"I love you too," I say and he kisses my forehead. I realize we've only been dating for a month and we're already saying we love each other. And I do with all of my heart and sole.

I'm about to drift to sleep when I hear laughing. Adam and I both sit up. I see Maxon and Kriss splashing each other. They're both soaking wet. Maxon never takes his shirt off. I wonder if he's ever told Kriss about his father. They look happy. I think he's moved on and so have I.

I look at my phone its only 3:00 PM. I turn to Adam and see him staring at me. "Gosh you're beautiful," he says in amazement. He makes me blush. He leans in with sweet kisses. Then those kisses are harder. Adam get on top of me and kisses my neck. It makes me breathe harder. I put my hands in his hair. He kisses all the way up back to my lips. His tongue goes down my throat. He takes my tank top off and luckily I have my bikini top under. "We should stop," I whisper, knowing that Maxon is probably watching.