Chapter 13

*Skip to about a week*

So it's been about a week since the Mark incident and still haven't told anyone except Lexi. I was kinda depressed and flinched every time Matthew or Nicholas touched or talked to me.

Matthew: "Paige I need to speak with you."

Me: "yeah sure shoot"

Matthew: "tell me what happened with Mark and I know a lie when I hear it."

Me: "I'm not lying why don't you believe me?"

As I said that he touched my shoulder and I flinched.

Matthew: "this is what I'm talking about! This! You flinch every time Nicholas or I try to hug you or something."

Me: "nothing I uh just know you that well"

Matthew: "Paige you can tell me anything you know that right, I'm here for you. Trust me"

I told him what happened and when I did his face lost all of his color. He hugged me tightly

Me: as he does that I cried in his chest. "Oh, my god why does this hurt so bad?"

Matthew: "shhh it's ok I got you. Nothing going to happen to you, I'm proud of you though. You said no."

I pulled away and he gave me a tissue

Matthew: "but you need to promise me that you will tell me when something is wrong! I'm here for you."

I nod because I'm still crying

Matthew: "now I don't know if this is true but I was told that frozen yogurt helps with broken hearts is that true?"

I nod and chuckle

Matthew: "there's that smile I love. Come on kid let's go get fro-yo"

This was the first time I cried in someone's arms. My trust of my father is becoming stronger.

----A/N sorry if its short.