Chapter 26

Worker: "hi welcome to tims,what can I get you?"

Shawn: "hi yeah just a few minutes."

He looks down at me

Shawn: "what would you like?"

Me: "how can I chose the menu is HUGE!"

He chuckles

Shawn: "the iced coffee is like really good."

Me: "okay then I'll have that"

Worker: "okay so one iced vanilla latte, and for you sir?"

Shawn: "uhh you know what I'll have the same but I'll have a chocolate chip muffin with that."

Worker: "okay so that's 2 iced vanilla lattes and one muffin, that will be $6.25."

As I'm about to hand money for my drink Shawn puts his hand on my hand

Shawn: "no let me its my treat since you've never been to tims."

We get our drinks and his muffin and we sit down and he takes out his phone

Me: "what are you doing?"

Shawn: "I need to get your reaction of you taking a sip of your first tims drink."

Me: "you are unbelievable."

As I take a sip and Shawn records me my eyes go wide. I went from taking a sip to taking gulps

Shawn chuckles

Shawn: "is it that good...dang you must really like that,omg Paige slow down."

I finally come up for air

Me: "OMG THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!"

Shawn: "what did I say? The best right?"

Me: "so good,thanks for paying for me by the way."

Shawn: "I'm telling you it's my pleasure,best $6.25 I've spent the reaction was priceless

Me: "so what's fun to do around here?"

Shawn: "uh well there's ice skating,I don't know I mean lots of stuff,do you know how to ice skate?"

Me: "yeah I started skating when I was 5, and when I left New York at 10 it broke my heart."

Shawn: "well now you can ice skate again."

Me: "what was your favorite school subject?"

Shawn: "oh I absolutely loved musical theater what do you like?"

Me: "don't call me a nerd but I love anatomy but also love English."

Shawn: "English and science? Like complete opposites."

Me: "well I want to be a RN so kinda have to love it and I love English cause well I like writing."

Shawn: "aw my best friend is a nerd." He chuckles

Shawn POV

She was the cutest thing ever, she wasn't like every other girl she loved anatomy and English she wanted to be a RN. Finally I'm not hearing "teacher,receptionist or even mom." She wants to do something with her life.

Me: "so what's your favorite food?"

Paige taking another drink of her coffee

Paige: "umm I would have to say...pasta especially with cheese."

I chuckle once again finally a girl that doesn't just eat salad.

Paige: "what about you?"

Me: "oh uh I gotta say pAsta with meat sauce."

She gives me a confused look

Me: "what just because I'm built doesn't me I don't love pAsta. I LOVE PASTA!"

Paige: "shhh" she laughs "wait how did you say pasta?" *idk Canadians say pasta weird to Americans. They say pAAsta we say pasta.*

Me: "pAAsta, it's a Canadian thing,we apparently say it "weird" but in reality we say it properly Americans say it wrong."

She laughs

Paige: " are you serious I've been saying pasta wrongs whole life?"

We finished our coffee hours ago and now we're just sitting in tims talking. And we realize that it's almost 2 o'clock

Paige: "oh my god we've been here for 4 hours!"

Me: "time flies when your having fun."

Paige: "I better get home or they will have a field day... Probably have the entire police station looking for me."

Me: "yeah yeah alright." Sounding sad

Paige: "sorry,strict parent."

Me: "hey don't worry about it."

As I drove her home and we entered her long driveway she got out and I rolled my window down

Paige: "I have a lot of fun!"

Me: "yay success I'm glad!"

Paige: "I'll call you, and thank you for a wonderful Saturday."

Me: "I'll be waiting by the phone"

Paige: "by Shawn"

As I watched her go into her house I realized my mums plan worked,mums know best.

--How well did you think Paige liked the coffee "date" with Shawn. Also do you consider this a date or no? Tell me what you think. Hope you enjoy