Chapter 22

Shawn POV

I can't get Paige out of my head,she's been on my mind since I saw her. But I don't know what to do.  I'm siting in the kitchen with my face in my hands when I hear the British accent of my mum

Mum: "hey sweetie you alright?"

Me: "yeah, wait no. Theres this girl, I like her but she won't give me the time of day she thinks I'm like every celebrity. You know the stuck up ones."

Mum: "Shawn become friends with the girl. Befriend her."

Me: "but how!"

Mum: "Shawn, are you forgetting where you live? Pickering is a small town you'll see her again, trust me. So tell me about her."

Me: "mum I barley know her,I just know she's a senior."

Mum: "In college? I know you like older girls but Sha-"

Me: "no no high school." as I'm talking with my mum I see Aaliyah at the corner of my eye and she butts in

Aaliyah: "but you hate younger girls."

Me: " I don't know she's different I guess."

Mum: "remember Shawn take it slow, don't push. And girls love when your friends first."

Her words of advice just didn't help like how am I supposed to become friends with her? I barley see her as it is. When am I going to see her? I'm the most awkward person ever. I decide to ask my dad for some help.

Me: "hey dad what would you do if you liked a girl you just met and you like her and want to get to know her."

He stops what's he's doing and looks at me

Dad: "well I would do exactly that, get to know her."

Me: "BUT HOW?"

Dad: "go find her and talk to her. Just don't do your awkward things you do. Wait til you have her and then start to be awkward."

My mum heard and butted in

Mum: "no Shawn be yourself! Don't listen to your father, if your awkward your awkward, let her see the real you." I look at both my mum and dad and throw my hands up in the air in spit of defeat

Me: " cool I got 2 sets of advice and don't know which one to take."

At the same time

Mum and dad: "mine" they looked at each other "no mine"

Me: "oh god, I'm going to go for a ride."

---who's advice should Shawn take? His moms or dads or neither?? Hopefully this was a little funny.