Lots of catching up to do

The GCPD was dark and dreary, only illuminated by the light seeping in from the dust covered windows and desk lamps.

I sat with Jim at his desk along with Selina by my side, but it felt like it was just me and my uncle, the whole world put at a pause.

"What are you doing here (Y/N)?" Jim proposed his question straightforward.

"I had no choice.... I had to escape." I shook my head, looking down at my lap in shame.

Jim clearing off his desk to pass the time and help him ease up, "escape?"

I felt myself tense up, bringing my shoulders into my body. I caught Jim up all the way until the part I stopped at with Selina. I felt my lips tremble, the words wanted to regurgitate out of my mouth. I sat there staring at the desk.

"(Y/N).." Jim stated in a crucial tone.

I looked up, forgetting I was even there for a few seconds.

"What happened after your mom came home? .... You need to tell me so I can help you." 

"my dad... k-killed my mother...."

Jim looked back in shock....

"No he couldn't have, you can't be serious (y/n)" Jim wanting to not believe a word I said.

"He did. After he killed her, he abused us... Ended up getting caught up in between some gang stuff and got himself in deep trouble, trouble he would never be able to get out of... they killed him. My brother left to take care of the both of us at the age of 14... fourteen... He didn't know what to do or how to make money so for the next 3 years he found himself doing the same things my dad did... That's... that's why I left. People were invading our house, taking, our things, getting ahold of him, he told me to run, so I ran and now... Here I am."

Jim shaking his head, not knowing what else to do for me since after all, things seemed hopeless for me.

" (Y/N) I'm so sorry. I- I don't know what to say."

"Its okay..." I whispered falling into a semi crying spell.

Selina tried to comfort me rubbing my back slowly.

" How about this- " I looked up, as he was in the middle of talking

" How about I let you stay at my place for now. Gotham isn't the most prettiest places to live in but it'll do until we can figure something out. How does that sound?" he suggested.

I wiped my tears, thanking him for this.

"Thank you Uncle Jim. Thank you"

He gave a little smile and stood up, his figure casting a shadow on me.

"We'll finish talking about this later today once my shift is up-"

"Jim your shift is never up." A beautiful lady with dark black curly hair came peering in out of nowhere.

She gave Jim a side hug,

"Catch ya later kid-" Selina got up from her chair to walk out of the GCPD.

"Selina!" Jim stopped her.. "Do you know anything about what happened at the circus yesterday?"

"No, not at all why?" she turned her head in curiosity.

"Nevermind." Jim caught himself.

"Alright then, later!" Selina saluted me and left.

I turned back to the lady and Jim,

she politely stuck out her hand for me to shake,

"Hi, I'm Lee, Dr. Lee Thompkins."

"Hello, I'm (y/n)" I returned the smile back to her.

"We can all discuss this situation later I have a potential criminal case on my hands. Follow me (Y/N) lets head over to the interrogation room."

Jim took me to the hallway leading to the interrogation room but not inside it.

"This is as far as I want you to come, there is alot of crazy people here in Gotham. All clear?" he emphasized.

I felt comfortable with my uncle,

we were close back when my dad wasn't buried in depression.

"Okay- I got it!" Giving him a thumbs up with a smile, placing myself on a bench outside the room.

"Great, I'll be in here for roughly 30- 45 minutes if the person I talk to decides to open up-"

"Detective Gorden we need you in the interrogation room to review files immediately." an officer interrupted from inside the room

Jim gave me one last glance before heading into the room.

-------

A young teenager with red hair sashayed towards my direction,

plopping himself next to me.

Me being the awkward person I was sat there silent.

"Well hello therreee..." he flirtatiously remarked

I turned my head around,

"Um- Hello" I said looking deep into his eyes, somewhat captivating me

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?"

"Waiting..."

He gave a sly smile,

"for who? Your boyfriend?"

"No, no- I don't have a boyfriend."

"Surprised someone like you doesn't have one."

"Well I don't need one." I fired back

"Ahh-ahh a feisty one" he snarled.

Inside I was internally cringing, this was getting awkward.

"What's your name if you don't mind me asking little lady?"

"(Y/N)"

"I'm Jerome, nice to meet you."

He stook out his hand, carefully, and slowly taking out his hand for me to shake.

I looked at him confused as to why he was being a little..... odd.

"Com'on I don't bite." He chuckled

I took out my hand and placed mine in his for a handshake.

Just then the other police officer who had been with Jim came walking into the hallway,

"Hey (y/n) your uncle suggested maybe it'd be a better idea if I take you into another room , come with me."

"Okay."

I saw another sly smile look up at me, he was... weird.

I got up and waved goodbye so I wasn't 'rude', "Goodbye Jerome, nice meeting you."

I went into a room with security cameras in the interrogation room.

"The names Harvey Bullock if you need anything, I'll always be here with your uncle Jim... Boy that he's got me going' everywhere. Next thing you know he's one place, gone if you blink!"

I laughed a little,

I sat down in a plump cushion chair along with Harvey.

I pulled myself closer to the table with monitors and awaited the interrogation.