An Autopsy revealed

(Y/N)'s POV- GCPD- 10:21 AM

Doing some 'jobs' for my uncle throughout the GCPD involved a lot of running around getting papers scanned, asking for signatures, or any possible thing imagined that a detective has to get done. It was only 10:21 AM and I was beat.

"Hey (Y/N) put that box down, I need you to come with me to Harvey's office, I'm going to ask him a question." Jim directed at me, motioning his hand where I should lay the heavy box filled with files, notes, and papers. It was a fairly short walk to Harvey's office, and we had just seemed to come at the right time.

 It was a fairly short walk to Harvey's office, and we had just seemed to come at the right time

"Or he's walking in the door as we speak. Hey Jim come in, we have some bad news for you." Harvey spoke, he seemed remarkably calm about delivering 'bad news' so I assumed that perhaps it wasn't too awful.

"What's going on?" My uncle muttered,

"I'm sorry, we found your uncle's body this morning." Lee handed him a folder with all of the information on Frank.

"He was pulled out of the harbor, I did my prelim, the burns on his left temple suggests he were shot at close range

"He was pulled out of the harbor, I did my prelim, the burns on his left temple suggests he were shot at close range. The lab is running ballistics, you saw him at the cemetery not too long ago, he seemed on edge. Did he say anything?" she added.

Letting out a sigh my uncle answered her question, "No he just stopped by to pay his respects. We didn't talk much... Thanks Lee, I'll take it from here."

She looked shock at his lack of remorse for the loss of his uncle, "That's it? That's your reaction?"
"What do you want me to say? My uncle threw his head back,

She then began trying to figure things out, "I know you. You're hiding something. You know something!!-"

"Lee, come on. The man just lost his uncle." Harvey tried to intervene.

"Yeah Harvey you just keep covering for him.. My condolences." She retorted than immediately stormed out of the room. The last of her words left a cold feeling in the room.... And not to mention an awkward silence.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

I could not stand one more second sitting in such an uncomfortable chair filing paperwork and organinzing. If I sat there any longer I would begin to loose complete feeling in my butt. I was sure by now it was almost FLAT. "Hey uncle Jim... mind if I go stretch my legs for a little bit and walk around the GCPD?" Focused on his work he mumbled, "Mhmm", not paying much attention to me. The moment my feet touched the ground, my legs felt tender and my muscles freshly stretching themselves out from the horrible position they were lying still in. My attention was brought to the hallway with the lunch room. I decided to walk there first. As I passed up Harvey's office I heard Lee and Harvey discussing something about Frank... so I decided to listen in on their conversation.

"Cause of death.. homicide. I thought Jim's uncle killed himself?" Harvey questioned Lee, tossing the report onto his desk.

"Did you?!" Lee sassed.

"I know you're upset, after everything you've been through-"
"No don't. Don't you dare do that. This is not about Mario." She began pointing her finger at Harvey, angry that he would blame the things she has been through for the way she's been acting lately.

" She began pointing her finger at Harvey, angry that he would blame the things she has been through for the way she's been acting lately

"Then what's it about? Why are- Why are you here? What do you want me to do?" Harvey asked confused as to what she wanted from him.

"Harvey! You are acting captain. I want you to open an investigation into the murder of Frank Gordon. And I think Jim should be questioned!"

 And I think Jim should be questioned!"

SAY WHAT NOW?! Why on earth would she-

"You're accusing Jim of killing his own uncle?! Why would he do that?!"

Lee got up infuriated now,
"I don't know! But I know that he is involved somehow, maybe not in his death but maybe in covering it up, making it look like a suicide."

My uncle sometimes crosses the line, but he would never do something like that!!! I was there to witness the whole thing!

"And I want to know who else is involved."

I slowly slid my back against the wall, away from the door way, I think I just about had enough time stretching my legs out for the day

I sped walk back to Jim's desk and sat down, now a little refreshed and surprised at what I just witnessed and overheard... "How did everything go? You took a little bit."
my uncle questioned as I still looked over to that hallway. Caught off guard I looked back at him, "Um.. fine. I needed to get the last of those leg cramps out, whew, feeling better now though!"

"That's good." He said, still only paying attention at the paper in front of him, signing it harshly.

In the back of my mind, I hoped that Lee would somehow come to the realization that she was CRAZY!

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- I never got to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 6K READS OH MY GOODNESSSS GRACIOUS!! I LOVE YOU ALLLL!!!! Leave me a comment here telling me who else you would love to see appear in this fan fiction whether they've already been included or not, I would love to hear your suggestions. I will try to incorporate them!