Finding Jim

"Okay hold still." Lucius focused solely on the needle submerging into my skin. I felt the immediate sharp pinch in my vain. My eye lids  pulled themselves together like magnets, not letting me open them under any circumstance. My fingers pushed themselves into my palm, making a tight fist. 
"You alright (Y/n)?!"

I opened my eyes to see myself staring straight into Lucius' who was still taking my blood for a sample. A little taken back I asked, "uh.. yeah why?" His face went blank, "Well first because your pupils are black, and veins are scattered across your face." I felt heat rush to my face, embarrassed at the fact I didn't even feel myself begin to get anxious or angry, my eyes looked to the floor. "Oh. Sorry" was all I could mutter. The needle slid out from underneath my skin,  he took a deep breath, applying pressure on the open hole with gauze. "Well looks like you've got the virus under control! Everything turned back to normal once I told you something." He said cheerfully. 

"Lucius how long do you think until we can find a cure?"  His gaze from my eyes drifted onto the tile floor. Silence lingering between the both of us, "I don't have the answer to that (y/n) ... could take days...weeks..." my head turned the opposite direction as I understood what he was trying to foreshadow to me. "Or we could never find one. And I'll have to live with this for the rest of my life?!" Lucius cut off my rambling, "No. We will find one. Who knows maybe there's an antidote to this already by the creator of this virus."

"Come in Lucius- its Harvey."

static was heard on the other end of a walkie-talkie attached to Lucius' hip. "Harvey! Have you found Gordon yet?"
"No. We got squad dogs on the hunt, these grounds are too BIG to cover in the amount of time we have. We're LOOSING time here!"

I could tell Lucius clenched his teeth in the heat of the moment,

"Do you think Jim would inject himself with the virus?"

"I don't know. Jim's unpredictable."

"I'll update you soon Lucius. Over and out-"

Lucius put his walkie- talkie back underneath his coat attached to his hip. He brought his hand up to his face, gently massaging his chin, in somewhat of a distress. "Tim I'm gonna need you to take a closer look at the blood sample and compare it to another uninfected sample. This could be the start of the discovery for a cure (y/n)" Lucius propped his palm onto my shoulder. He must've saw the worry on my face.. or at least sensed it.. "Don't worry (Y/N) this is only temporary." 

"I hope so." I muttered, pouncing off the uncomfortable chair and onto the floor. I was tired, miserable, and just wanted to fall asleep until everything was back to normal... or at least just how they used to be because for sure nothing 'Normal' ever happened in Gotham, that's for sure. I decided I'd just tell Lucius I'd be leaving, "Lucius I think I'm-" 

"Lucius..LUCIUS DO YOU COPY?!"

"I'm here Harvey! Over-" static was heard through the speaker,  

"We think we found where Jim was..." 

"Where?! did you guys catch him in time?"

Harvey sighed deep into the phone, "He escaped. Jim took the virus. The burial site is surrounded by piles of dirt and it looks like... an empty syringe? Yup. Definitely injected himself."

Lucius broke out into a cold nervous sweat. Not only did he have to find a cure for Lee and I but now Jim. 

"Lucius I'm going to need you to make an antidote as fast as you can. And don't tell (y/n) about this! I don't want her worrying about her uncle or giving her anymore things to worry about. The kid's got enough on her plate." 

Lucius just looked at me. Too late. I now knew everything about it.

"I'll get working on the antidote, thanks for the update Harvey. See you soon."

GREAT! Just GREAT! It seemed like the villain was actually getting away with her mischievous plan.

"I've gotta go Lucius." I huffed, tossing my jacket over my arm, and slinging my purse around my shoulder. "Where are you off to (Y/N)?" he asked positioning his hands on his hips at just the right angle.

"Home. I think I've had enough chaos to deal with for the day. Later Lucius." I grabbed the rim of the door and swung on out. I had already made it almost halfway out of the GCPD precinct, until.. "(Y/N)!" I turned around, "What if I told you I'd order pizza while we wait for the test results to come back?" I couldn't help but feel a smile tugging at the edges of my lips. "Depends on what kind of pizza. Of course if you don't order stuffed crust, I might as well continue on my way out." He chuckled, "I'll let you choose what we order." Even though what I really desired was to go home, go to sleep, and just escape my problems for a little while.. in the back of my mind I knew. I knew I had to stay here to help. 

I had to be their pet guinea pig.

I had to be an experiment.

All for not guaranteed antidote. 

A/N- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 600+ STARS AND 14K READS I AM SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL FEEDBACK/COMMENTS AND READS!! It TRULY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!  I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK AND I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SERIOUSLY SUCH A LONG TIME! I'm going to work and try my hardest to get more chapters up for this book and my other books as well!! Requests for my Tom Holland/ Peter Parker x Reader story are open! But please do note I do NOT write smut! I have been planning to write a Tony Stark's Daughter kinda thing with (Y/n) as the reader for a series in the Tom Holland/ Peter Parker x Reader fanfic!