Arkham Escape

1 month later/ Bruce Wayne's Manor/ 4:27 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly, I made cheer tryouts for Gotham City High. I don't know how exactly but...I went along with it.

Tomorrow was going to be my first time going to a football game to cheer on the Gotham Knights. How exciting!!! I admit I wasn't wanting to have to do anything with cheerleading at all but... I feel really good about this! I feel like cheerleading might be fun!

"Your outfit just arrived miss (Y/L/N)." Alfred came in the room, holding my uniform ontop of his arm.

" Thank you, Alfred!" I grabbed my uniform, and placed it into my bag.

"Alfred would you mind grabbing (Y/N) and I some drinks?" Bruce requested

"Of course Master Bruce, what would you two like?" Alfred responded with his authentic British accent.

"Some iced tea please."

"Coming right up sir-"

Bruce's POV

(Y/N) and I had just finished studying for our Chemistry final for Friday and were both mentally exhausted and drained from the day.

"I'm going to grab the remote, see what's going on lately." (Y/N) sighed.

She was the person who could light up a room when she walked in. Her presence was a blessing to anyone who came near her. She was one of the only people I could actually talk to without feeling like I'm being judged... I felt like she was sent here to Gotham to help me through my troubling times of grief and I appreciated her.

"Ahh.. let's see..." (Y/N) muttered.

"Channel 10-" I responded, thinking she possibly forgot the channel.

"Oh yeah- school made me so tired, I can't think straight." she smiled from ear to ear, chuckling a little.

Everything she did, I found cute in a way. From the way she talked, to the way she smiled made me feel warm inside.

****BREAKING NEWS*** Gotham City Police Department are currently looking for inmates that have escaped Arkham Asylum....

As they showed pictures of the escapees, (Y/N)'s jaw dropped to the floor when the last one appeared on the screen.

and Jerome Valeska... are all on the loose tonight, the GCPD on a desperate search for these criminally insane prisoners.

Her eyes filled with deep worry,

"(Y/N) are you okay?"

"No, no-"  seeming to ignore my question, as her eyes were glued to the screen.

" (Y/N).."

"No, I'm not..He's out!"

"Who?!" I asked confused.

"Jerome! Jerome Valeska!" she blurted out, still staring intently into the screen.

"(Y/N) it'll be okay, the GCPD knows what their doing. They catch the criminals everytime, they have no chance against the GCPD."

(Y/N) POV

After Bruce told me that, I felt in a way, comforted.

Still a little uneasy knowing Jerome escaped, I sank in the couch a little more.

"Here is your iced teas-" Alfred handing us both drinks "Miss (Y/L/N), Your uncle just gave me a call informing me he'd have to work long hours tonight, He wanted me to tell you that you'd be staying the night in the Manor until further notice."

"Oh, okay. Thanks for informing me Alfred." I responded, worried for my uncle.

"Now I'll best be on my way to retrieve your personal items from home." Alfred insisted and left the room in a hurry.

"Bruce?"

"Yeah (Y/N)?"

I wanted to tell him why I was so worried about Jerome escaping.

But couldn't find myself to bring it up

"Do you mind if I change the channel to something a little more.... happy?"

"No, not at all"

I flipped through the channels to find The Powerpuff Girls on.

I felt his arm move across behind me, laying his hand on my other shoulder.

Bruce made me feel safe.

That was the start to my crush on Bruce Wayne.