Save the Date

Ever since the whole thing with Jerome, my uncle Jim has been making sure I've been in his sight at all times. I'm almost 100% sure that he's told Bruce what's happened because Bruce has become extra protective over me than normal... or maybe he likes me too? These past couple of weeks have been great! We've become closer and hung out more frequently.... everything just seems so perfect....
-----------——-—-
Bruce's POV
Today was the day...
I wanted to ask (Y/N) to the charity ball this Saturday... and I must confess... I was nervous!! Every time I had the thought of just asking her it made me feel dizzy and gave me knots in my stomach- what if I would be friend zoned? I've been trying to hang out with (Y/N) more often so we could build a better relationship together but... what if she still views me as... a friend?
I decided I needed to ask her before it was too late.

We sat in the dining room area awaiting for Alfred to come home from his grocery shopping so we could help put the food away,

I admired (Y/N)'s beauty from a far, her beautiful (e/c) eyes were mesmerizing, making me feel if as If I was staring into a galaxy of stars. Of course I wish I could express how I feel to her but.. with my awkwardness I can only say so much before I mess things up.

"(Y/N)?"

"yes?" she glanced at me, swaying her feet under the chair.

"There's a charity ball this upcoming Saturday, and I was wondering..."

she stared deeply into my eyes and I couldn't take the heat!!! I quickly looked away loosing eye contact from her, continuing my speech.

"If you would like to attend the ball with me this Saturday."

Her eyes lit up like the stars they were.

"Really?! I mean of course Bruce, I'd love too!!"

Without thinking I blurted out,

"I was thinking it could be as a date."

Whattttt, why did I just do that?! Everything was going great, right up until my awkwardness kicked in! Ugh!

She sat up from her chair,

"A date?"

Sort of backing out of my idea from the reaction I got, I replied "Only if you would want it to be that way-"

"Bruce, I would love to go on a date with you to the charity ball!"

My heart felt content and at peace. I smiled at her, "Great I'll pick you up around 7 pm at your Uncle's home."

As we sat there smiling at each other, Alfred came through the door, carrying loads of grocery bags, both of us rushing to his aid.

After helping Alfred with the groceries, he seemed suspicious of how happy and cheerful (Y/N) and I were acting around each other,

"Alright- What's with you two?" asking curiously.

(Y/N) and I looked at each other and just chuckled to ourselves.

"Oh!-" (Y/N)'s phone beeped.

"I gotta run! My uncle is here to pick me up! See you soon Bruce!"

The moment the door closed behind (Y/N), Alfred demanded an answer

"Master Bruce, Do you mind telling me what has made you so joyful all of a sudden?"

I gave him a slight grin,

"I asked (Y/N) to attend the Charity Ball with me on Saturday and she said she'd love to."

Alfred gave me a "I'm proud of you!" expression any father would give to their son, and patted me on the back, "Ah, Master Bruce, you've done well lad, you've done well!"