Lee's Secret

Our current mission... our only goal was to find out who stole the tech virus blood samples, and claim them back before things got out of hand. I sat in the front seat of the police car with my Uncle Jim. He decided to take me along since Harvey was busy with Barnes and Arkham and Alfred was simply too tied up with Bruce still missing and wouldn't be able to watch me. Assuming Lee would never do such a thing, taking me to her apartment didn't seem like a bad idea.

"Do you think Lee would do something like this?" my uncle questioned me as we slowly pulled up to the sidewalk beside her home.

"I don't know...." I sighed, Jim shooting me a stern face seemingly wanting a more clear answer, "Well I don't! I didn't date her!" I spat out. We both exited the vehicle, my uncle went over to another police car parked nearby. "I'll take it from here, head back to the station." he instructed the other officers inside the car, they simply nodded.

A cold breeze blew over my hair to the other side of my head, I bundled up my jacket, pretending that I was warm and cozy instead of cold and freezing.... it was hard to imagine that when I could barely feel the tip of my nose!!!!

One odd thing about entering Lee's home was not the sound of the door covered with rust on the hinges creaking open but the plain fact that the door was unlocked.

"Lee?" the sound bounced off the walls and into my ears. "It's Jim." he added, informing Lee incase she was thinking we were possible intruders. "Lee?....." his voice trailed off as we now entered the living room, "Lee?!" Our eyes looking left and right, up and down for any sign of Lee. It was clear that there was someone in the house, noticing that there was a steamy fire in the fireplace with a fresh piece of newspaper that had a picture of Lee and Mario on it. The curtains swayed against the currents of the winds as the windows were open.

"Hellooooo Jim...." I could hear Lee sneering from the other side of the room, she then revealed herself from a dark corner. "I knew you'd come." her fists closing tighter. Veins on her face suddenly becoming noticeable. Mixes of blues, reds, and dark brown lines were painted across her. Lee's pupils were like black holes, her eyeliner was exaggerated, almost making her look like a worse version of herself....a rebellious one. In shock at the dramatic change of Lee's appearance, my uncle and I both gave each other wide eyes.

"Are you surprised?" Lee stuck both hands in her pockets. "You look surprised." she lurked closer to us. "There's been a squad car outside my house all morning. That tells me you knew I stole the virus. Thought you'd assume I'd inject myself." She was now only a few feet away from us both. My uncle guided me with his arm to the other side of the room with him as we carefully walked away from her. "I'd hoped I was wrong." he mumbled, observing her every move.

"We'll..that'll teach you." she boasted, " Can I get you something? I know how you like your whisky." her eyes squinting closer together. "Why'd you do this?!" my uncle interrupted. "You know why Jim." immediately turning her back on us, now facing the fireplace. "You blame yourself over what happened to Mario?..You didn't shoot him, you didn't infect him-" I watched from my uncle's side as Lee dug aggressively for a fire iron beside the flaming pit. "It wasn't your fault." he added on. "I'd have to disagree with you on that one. But honestly, the whole argument is moot at this point." she huffed, fixing the logs with the fire iron. "No it isn't, Barnes was infected for weeks before the virus took hold. We can get you help." Jim wholeheartedly tried convincing Lee to do the right thing.

"I'm no virologist but I'd say we missed the boat on that one!" she giggled wickedly. My uncle stepped away from me and one step closer to Lee reaching out for her arm as she was about to walk off. The second his hand made contact with her skin, Lee's eyes turned back into complete darkness, not showing any difference between her pupil or the whites of her eyes. The veins enlarging throughout her once pure looking face. He took a step back, taking his hand off of her. "Don't you want to know what the virus has brought out in me Jim? What it's shown me?" My uncle's shakingly swung side to side, "No."