This City is Falling Apart

7:21 PM- Gotham City- (Y/N)'S POV

All I wanted was some fresh air outside... 

The moment I stepped foot outside of the GCPD, as I looked from my left to my right, 

civilians screaming, running around, debris floating through the air. 

Thick, heavy, black smoke become one with the air and met with heat from the flames. 

It was as if Gotham had been consumed by an evil darkness entirely. I had hopes that there were good parts of Gotham but after tonight's incident's I was forced to believe there was never any hope to save Gotham. 

A sudden echo and boom of gunshots whirled around me that made me jump in fright. Then a hand gently touched my shoulder, startling me. 

"(Y/N) come back inside, it's much safer in here.. and also your Uncle Jim is on the phone. They've found Fish and are ready for you to help them retrieve the antidote." I felt myself lighten up with joy inside and went back into the GCPD.

A few phone calls later and I was on the phone with my uncle sitting down at his empty and downright dusty desk.

"(Y/N) I need you to do everything in your power to keep the tetch virus under control for the remainder of the time we're out here with Fish. We can't have her or anyone else know we're both infected with it.. Trust me it won't look good on our part."

I nodded and agreed to what he had said, "Where is she? Did she agree to give it to you?"

A small hesitation was heard on the other line, "Not necessarily but that doesn't mean we don't have a chance of getting an antidote for us. Don't worry about that. Just have Lucius bring you here and we'll figure this out. I'm sure we can handle this civilly"

Something still didn't add up... 

"No. I know these people in Gotham.. nothing is handled civilly and you know that! Tell me thE truth. You're gonna do some deal with her... In exchange for the virus you'll let her free for one crime spree. I don't think so."

His voice gradually grew a little stern, "We have no choice (Y/N), there is NO other antidote this is OUR ONLY chance. We can't keep sitting around and waiting for Lucius to find something to cure us for all we know that could take YEARS! And by then we'd be dead or at least fully consumed by the virus."

I held back my frustration as best as I could, leaning into the desk, rubbing my temples and keeping my eyes closed shut. He was right. There was no other way. "I just don't want you to get caught up in that and then it back firing on you. I can't afford to loose you Uncle Jim.. I have nothing left". 

There was a brief moment of silence between the both of us. The truth set in... with this he was taking a risk, but it was our only option if we ever wanted to live our normal lives again.

"You won't loose me.... I'll be here waiting for you with Harvey here at the Warehouse by 23rd street" the line became monotone. 

I looked up at Lucius as he anticipated any new updates, but I simply had no time to waste.

"Lucius, Take me to the Warehouse by 23rd street.. now" 

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- IT FEELS SO GREAT TO BE BACK AND UPDATING THIS BOOK AGAIN!! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR READS/VOTES/ AND COMMENTS! I AM OVER THE MOON AND COMPLETELY IN AWE OF THE AMOUNT OF READS THIS HAS GOTTEN THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I LOVEE UUUU ALL!!