Frank.

(Y/n)'s POV-5:36 PM- Jim Gordon's Apartment

***A FEW WEEKS LATER****

Things between Jim and Frank were becoming increasingly intense throughout the past few weeks. The more Jim talked to him, the more information he dug up about his father's death. It took a toll on my uncle, most days he would mope around. He wasn't mentally all there and it was very noticeable.

I was planted on the couch, curled up with a blanket watching the newest episode of (y/f/ts) when my uncle stormed in with his hands on his hips, standing beside the couch as if he was expecting something from me. I turned from my side, "You alright uncle Jim? You seem a little uh..tense." I wasn't trying to be rude, but I was just pointing out the obvious. "No, not really.. My uncle Frank wants me to see him again, the more and more information I recovered, the more secrets I found out he was hiding. 'The Court of Owls is a risky club... and it looks like to me my uncle Frank and your grandpa got himself in the midst of it."I felt bad for him... "Man, I'm sorry Uncle Jim. I know these past few weeks have really been rough on you. I'm really sorry." He stared blankly onto the floor, rubbing his chin harshly. "It's alright, its not your fault. Go get dressed, I'm taking you with me to see him. I'm not leaving you alone, knowing Frank got our family involved in a horrible council." I got up quickly, threw on some clothes, and headed out the door with my uncle. Jim placed a gun in his side pocket, "Uncle Jim, what's that for? I thought you don't have duty today at the GCPD?", He sighed heavily, "I don't know what Frank is up to (Y/N) but something seems off."

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

5:52 PM- Uncle Frank's Apartment

My uncle pounded his fist at the door as we waited for someone to answer. Oddly enough after waiting for awhile, he brought his hand to the knob, twisting it firmly, to realize his apartment was unlocked. He kept his arm in-front of me, making sure I was staying behind him. "Hello Jim." a weapon was pulled out near my uncle at the edge of the room . The voice belonged to Franks... he seemed trustworthy at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Jim's POV-

The other week my uncle had informed me of the council having some sort of crate delivered to Gotham for something the court was planning to use against the city. I had to figure out what it was directly from someone who attended the meetings.

"Whatever the court is planning on using on Gotham... came from Indian Hill. Any idea on what it might be?" I interrogated my uncle as he drew his weapon to me walking into the room with (Y/N).

"No.. like I said I had no idea that it had already arrived. It's clear that the court trusts me."

"Well why call me down here?" my head leaned in,

"I'm supposed to kill you." Great.. Just great my Uncle Frank was now sent to kill me after killing my father.

"Which leaves us..where?" I spat back

"It's up to you. I need someone to replace me in the court. Someone who can find out what the weapon is and how to stop it. Someone I can trust. You need to join the 'Court of Owls' Jim... it's the only way-"

"YOU JUST SAID, THEY WANT ME DEAD." He was absolutely making no sense.

"They somehow still want you on the court.. At some point a woman named Catherine is going to call and ask if you're dead and when she does.... I suggest you pick up."

"And then what?" Everything coming from his mouth was puzzling to me.

"Then tell her you blame me for your father's death. I gave the order to have him killed and this is what I got."

"What?- what are you talking about?"

" You can finish what he started.. for both of us... He would have been so proud of you-" he steadied his weapon to himself, then just as I started piecing everything together on what he was about to do....

"NOOOOO!!!" I exclaimed, I tossed my arm in front of (Y/N)'s eyes so she wouldn't have to see what just occurred in front of us.

(Y/N)'s POV-

A loud boom rang in my ears, stinging my ear drum. Then a thud was heard and felt below. I turned away, closing my eyes, but could somehow still see what was in front of me in my head. I wanted to get the image out but I couldn't, it stayed there, lingering in my conscience. My uncle gasped, breathing abnormally.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- A bonus mini-read will be coming up VERYY soon!!