He's Back...

(Y/N) POV-GCPD- 12:12PM

"Wake up (Y/N) I'm leaving- they need me at the news station" my uncle yelled as he forcefully shook me until I woke up from my nap on the bench. It wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep but with the amount of sleep I've been getting these past few days lately, I could practically fall asleep anywhere!

"Oh geez.." my eyes began to widen as my thought process was becoming less hazy, "Look at you getting' your big break on the local news! I'm proud of you!" I chuckled, rubbing my heavy eyelids.

"Yeah- unfortunately this isn't my big break- I'll explain later. All you need to do is stay here until I can get something figured out." he got ahold of me and pecked the top of my head, leaving me all alone so suddenly.

Now what was I gonna do? A majority of the GCPD had emptied out already for the need for as many officers on deck as possible. Ooh! I decided to head for the break room since my uncle had always told me it was off limits unless I had needed a snack. The hallway lights were flickering as I headed down the hallway hearing endless echoes of my shoes hitting against the tile floor. I pushed open the squeaky door and saw the heavens shine on one part of the room, THE REFRIGERATOR! "yes!! JACKPOT!" I squealed while jumping up and down, barely being able to contain my excitement. I ran over to the fridge, hearing food clash with each other as I swooshed the door open. Everything from cake to leftover pizza and sandwiches were inside. My hands mischievously ran against each other, reaching over to grab a pizza to warm up.

I settled into the rough chair, grabbing the remote to the TV and pushing in the on switch. This was perfect, a nice slice of warm pizza while watching some good ol' television. The slice had already made its way onto my mouth, but definitely almost didn't make its way down my throat as I forgot to swallow when I flipped the channel to the news network.

Headlines read "HahaHAHAHHAhahAHAHAHhahaHAHa" who the heck made that type of error for a story heading? My eyes wandered off of the title and onto the person speaking- It wasn't any news reporter I've seen on Gotham City News... "Hello citizens of Gotham City..." that guy definitely had a crazy identical looking mask of Jerome's face. I began to laugh to myself at how cheesy it looked on him. Wait. What if this was apart of Jerome's cult? The moment this though popped up in my head I stopped laughing and focused on the TV.. "I'm here to inform the world that Jerome Valeska will be resurrected and roaming the streets of Gotham very soon." the man boasted. Do what now? Jerome be brought back to life? This guy was nuts. For some reason I began to laugh again to myself at this whole situation. Bunch of lunatics. I turned off the TV and threw away my now empty paper plate into the disposal. Time to get back to the GCPD precinct. I turned off the lights into the break room and shut the door, then Lee quickly passed me by- "(Y/N) what are you doing here?"

"Uh... Nothing."

"What are you hiding?" she crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay I grabbed one slice of pizza from the fridge, please don't tell my uncle Jim! He'll kill me if he found out I was in the break room!"

Lee gave out a small giggle, "Don't worry I won't...Are you busy? Maybe you could help me with examining."

I took one big gulp. "Examining?"

"If you're up to it." she shrugged

"Of course." I eased my shoulders from tension

"But I do warn you that this is... Jerome Valeska we're talking about." she huffed

WHAT?! UH YEAH GOTTA BLAST, NO WAY JOSE WAS I ABOUT TO GET IN THIS MESS-

"It's fine, I'm interested in possibly working here like my uncle- let's see if I've got what it takes" I replied not even giving my speech another thought before it left my mouth.

Lee directed me towards her room and opened the door.

"What the?"

"What Lee?"

"Jerome. He's not here. His body was on the table- OH MY." Lee's attention was caught to the floor, an officer on the floor.

I covered my mouth trying to prevent myself from throwing up.

A sudden clasp of a hand came over my face and one on Lee's, with a weapon pulled in between us. I squirmed trying to scream but his hand was muting every sound that was wanting to come out.

"Boo!"

that voice sent chills down my spine. In the back of my head.. I knew who's voice that had belonged to...

☆☆☆☆

A/N- Sorry for the delay! Hope you are enjoying the chapters as much as I'm enjoying writing them. Literally probably almost (almost but not) every thing that (Y/N) POV does would LOWKEY be something I would do or think, bahaha. I tried adding some comedy to the darkness of the story just like Harvey. LOVE HIS CHARACTER, SUCH A FUNNY GUY!!!