The Last Laugh

Bruce's POV
At last this dreaded show was going to start, and I was hoping this wasn't going to takelonger than it should. I stood up next to Alfred waiting for (Y/N) to make her appearance center stage. I wonder why it seemed to be taking so long.... "Let's choose a special guest from the audience.." The magician said and waved his arm throughout the crowd, pointing to ME. I had a panic attack on the spot. The magician motioned his hand for me to come up on stage, "Alfred, I don-" I stammered, "Go on Bruce, go have some fun" and pushed me forward. I walked slowly to the stage, the magician pulling me towards an odd box on a table. "Now young sir, hop into this box." I followed his instructions diligently and looked out into the crowd for Alfred. As he closed me in, he placed metal sheets between each box. Then forcefully pushing two BLADES into the top and bottom of the box. I looked out to Alfred after finding him, watching him take one fearful gulp. The Magician split the box and I in half! Perhaps Magicians weren't that bad after all. I was then put back together and headed back to Alfred and Lee.

The crowd cheered and rejoiced, watching in awe and entertainment. The next act came on and to everyone's shock and surprise... it wasn't a magic act... it was a pure cold blooded murder right in front of our eyes. Everyone started screaming and panicking all throughout the room, "NOBODY LEAVE OR ELSE-" He warned, everyone followed his orders, a few panicked and ran for their lives while the rest remained seated in order to avoid controversy. He took off his beard and mustache to reveal himself as none other than Jerome Valeska.

Oh no, oh no, Where was (Y/N)?? What did they do to her?

"Alfred! Alfred!!" Alfred took a hold of my shoulders and instructed "You are to find somewhere to hide Master Bruce, NOW!" I interrupted "Alfred WHAT ABOUT-" He pushed my away from the main dining hall "NOW BRUCE." I ran as fast as I could, trying to figure something while running, I ran behind a curtain near the dining hall and stood there as silent as I could.

Lee's POV

As soon as everyone found out the magician was Jerome Valeska, there was panic everywhere. I suddenly came to the realization that (Y/N) was pulled aside to be a guest in the show, and I haven't seen her sense. Hoping and praying she was okay, I ran to another area, hoping to call Jim and tell him to bring the GCPD. My hands trembled while I reached in my purse, the tips of my fingers moving erratically as I dialed his number. Finally for what seemed like the longest wait, he answered "Lee-", I interrupted him with a shaky tone in my voice, "Jim hurry, come quick, the magician-" someone apart of this sickening act found or recognized me and put a cloth over my mouth filled with the most foul stench and before I knew it, I was knocked out cold.

Bruce's POV

Someone then pulled me backwards as I watched chaos throughout the room, soon finding out it was Selina.

She whispered screamed, "Bruce we need to go! Follow me" I sped walk with Selina down a series of rooms till I saw the outside

She whispered screamed, "Bruce we need to go! Follow me" I sped walk with Selina down a series of rooms till I saw the outside. "Wait Selina-" I stopped in my tracks, "You're leaving?"